Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2015, 01:27 AM

24,404 posts, read 26,951,108 times

Advertisements

I'll be going to Nashville for the first time as part of a road trip around the South.

What are the most desirable areas to stay in Nashville, just looking for some answers so I know which district to choose on Hotwire. I'll have a car (of course - road trip), but I'd like to stay in the heart of the action.

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 06:15 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,269 times
For the full tourist experience.....staying downtown gets you close to the honkytonks on lower Broadway. West End near Vanderbilt is also a good option.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:51 AM

74 posts, read 89,778 times
Google " hotels in midtown Nashville" ....there's a long list. Most of these would be a 5 min Uber ride to the craziness (& fun) of lower Broadway...however, staying in downtown on the strip could feel a wee bit claustrophobic. The Midtown/Vandy/West End/Music Row area also has tons or restaurants, nightlife and music (Elliston Place) with a local vibe.

Old 10-31-2015, 07:49 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Staying downtown will cost you.

Aside from Midtown, there's a Springhill Suites (Marriott property) and the Millennium Maxwell in the metro center area which is a 10 minute drive from downtown. MM actually has a shuttle that runs people down to Broadway and back.

There's also a Fairfield Inn (Marriott) in the Gulch but it's also pretty expensive.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:37 AM

914 posts, read 1,983,646 times
If you're using Hotwire or Priceline be aware that indicating "downtown" also includes Metro Center which is near downtown but definitely NOT downtown.

The downtown hotels are pricey and nice but you will be right in the middle of everything. You really pay for location. Look into Midtown as well (Hutton, Courtyard, Aloft, Embasdy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Home2Suites, Residence Inn, and Spring Hill Uutes). A little further out along West End is Marriott, Holiday Inn, Hampton, and Homewood that would also be close. Another spot that is closer to the Gulch and the Demonbreun nightlife strip is the Comfort Inn and Best Western.

With all of these you can have a long-ish walk to downtown (15-20 minutes), take a bus (the Music City Circuit is close the the Best Western and Comfort Inn and is free to take into downtown), or a quick Uber ride. I would recommend NOT driving a car into downtown and paying to park.

Old 10-31-2015, 01:22 PM

24,404 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Thank you all for your fast responses, I really appreciate it.

It sounds like I would enjoy staying in "Downtown" or "Midtown" from these responses. I live in San Francisco right now, so I'm used to claustrophobia lol, so I think downtown would be fine. However, Midtown also sounds appealing too. I usually book hotels through Hotwire or Priceline, where you just choose the district and then you'll be assigned a random hotel in that area with whatever star level you chose.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:20 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
I think Millenium Maxwell house is part of the downtown section on Priceline. You should check reviews before bidding. I think a lot of people bidding for downtown end up there and it's not really downtown.
Just don't want you to bid and end up paying too much to stay there.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:39 PM

3,043 posts, read 3,313,831 times
Something to consider is the Opryland hotel & some other hotels in the valley area. Something oprylamd offers is a package deal to the Grand Ole Opry and other Ryman properties.

You may like anything in the Midtown or Vandyland area. There are plenty of choices with many good places to dine. You should visit Centennial Park & the Parthenon.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:29 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Also consider most downtown properties are going to charge a fairly steep price per day for parking. $20 probably. Of course if you're driving in from elsewhere, you're likely to pay that a day in parking fees if you park and walk. Just something to consider in your budget.

Agreed that midtown/Vanderbilt area is probably a better area budget-wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: