Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 07:39 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,071,873 times

Advertisements

Where would you go for an early supper "very" near riverfront station ¿ Big River grill ¿

Thinking about taking Mrs.B on the Music City Star into the city one afternoon...

Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 08:10 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
Big River Grille???? Never heard of it.

Closest is Acme Feed & Seed but that's more casual. Next closest is Hard Rock.

Define "very" near. And price point.

The Stiller is on 2nd. The Stillery Nashville

Also, The Southern. Bakersfield if you like Mexican.

Tons of places. Need a little more of what you are looking for.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:45 PM

Seems like the same location is/was called the Rock Bottom ¿

I would define "close" as within a couple of blocks....Mrs.B has trouble walking a distance,

Would prefer American cuisine with average pricing. Steaks, ribs, shrimp...etc.

Ate at Joe's Crab Shack years ago....was not as good as the one we used to go to when we lived in Florida.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:52 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
I would go to the Stillery. It's on second just past Broadway to the north, so pretty close. It's fairly new so I haven't actually been there yet but the menu looks good.

The Stillery Nashville

Old 04-04-2016, 08:47 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
Rock Bottom Brewery is nothing special - it's a chain. BUT it's also a solid choice. I like it 10 times better than Margaritaville. Location is good, there are great views from the bar on the top floor (food available up there but a limited menu), you probably won't have any trouble getting a table (and you can sit outside if the weather is nice), and the food is decent. You can check out the menu here.

TN - Nashville

I have eaten at Rock Bottom a few times before a concert and found it pleasant. Steaks are on the dinner menu but my guess is that if you ask for one at lunch, they'd make it for you.

Have a good visit! Sounds like the perfect outing!

(Acme Seed and Feed has better decor but as I recall, the food is served in baskets? You seat yourself after ordering and then they find you to deliver your food. Definitely more casual)

Old 04-04-2016, 09:34 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
If walking is a concern, I concur with Rock Bottom. As others have mentioned, it's nothing really special or unique, but it's close and reliable. Acme Feed & Seed would be my personal choice but it's a bit trendy and if you're looking for more traditional fare, it might be a tad bit out of your comfort zone. A couple of blocks over is the Southern, as mentioned, though it can be a bit pricey and crowded at times.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:36 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
"Reliable" - good word!

Old 04-04-2016, 03:53 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,674 times
I like the upstairs patio at Rock Bottom, personally

Old 04-04-2016, 04:52 PM

3,047 posts, read 3,315,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Seems like the same location is/was called the Rock Bottom ¿

I would define "close" as within a couple of blocks....Mrs.B has trouble walking a distance,

Would prefer American cuisine with average pricing. Steaks, ribs, shrimp...etc.

Ate at Joe's Crab Shack years ago....was not as good as the one we used to go to when we lived in Florida.
Nashville MTA Music City Circuit - Free bus service to key destinations in downtown Nashville

If walking is a concern, you could try the Blue or Green Circuit bus. Free, about every 8 minutes weekdays.

If you do Friday, there is an evening MCS train from Riverfront.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:38 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied...looks like the Rock Bottom will fit the taste buds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
Nashville MTA Music City Circuit - Free bus service to key destinations in downtown Nashville

If walking is a concern, you could try the Blue or Green Circuit bus. Free, about every 8 minutes weekdays.

If you do Friday, there is an evening MCS train from Riverfront.

The bus routes looks very interesting...maybe an excuse for another trip....

The late Friday night train would not get into Lebanon till 11:20pm and then I still have a 90 mile drive home...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: