Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:06 AM

12 posts, read 29,158 times

Advertisements

I just got home last night after spending a few days in Nashville trying to figure out which area to move to, and we have narrowed it down to Spring Hill, Cane Ridge, Bellevue and Franklin. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal thoughts on any of these towns. I have to say Nashville is so beautiful and everyone was so nice up there. So not like in Florida!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 10:24 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,203,100 times
Well, if you think it was beautiful at this time of year, wait until spring.

I don't have any grand thoughts about the areas you mentioned (or anything else, come to think of it); other than to say I like Franklin a lot, and that I live in Bellevue. Spring Hill could be a long commute, according to where you end up working.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:04 AM

Default Miss Nashville

Well I can say I didn't find work like I hoped I would. I noticed there werent any apartment communities in Spring Hill (which Is what I do) so I figured if we lived in Spring Hill I could target Franlin for work which is not that bad of a commute. We fell in love with bellvue for the price range we can afford and George Warner park being so close! I thought my husband was going to fall over when he saw that, we got out and walked up the hill a little it was great and so family friendly!

Old 02-12-2008, 11:11 AM

Just a minor correction . . . those are actually Percy Warner and Edwin Warner Parks. We usually just call them Warner Park (or Parks).

If it's of interest to you, Montgomery Bell State Park is just down the road from Bellevue, and the Natchez Trace Parkway (run by the National Park Service) also begins in the Bellevue area. And it's not too much of a drive over to one of my favorite places, Radnor Lake Natural Area.

But, I'm not trying to talk you into Bellevue. The other areas you mentioned are nice too.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:14 PM

250 posts, read 1,014,129 times
Alleycat's right, as usual! Both areas are nice...I live in Franklin...absolutely LOVE IT. Bellevue has several apartment communities that might be potential employment opps for you. Cane Ridge is just outside of Antioch, where there are also hoards of apartment communtieis. Spring Hill doesn't have much in the way of apartments; however, I did just read yesterday about a new apartment community in the works.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:08 AM

Default Missing Nashville

Thanks for all the help. Sorry for the mess up on the park name . I will eventually soak it all in and get it! I wanted to let everyone know. I do Property Management and my other half is in construction, however I can really do anything with my background so any job openings you know about for him or myself would be great.... that's what is going to get us up there!

Thanks again,

Shanna

Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 AM

334 posts, read 1,281,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Just a minor correction . . . those are actually Percy Warner and Edwin Warner Parks. We usually just call them Warner Park (or Parks).

If it's of interest to you, Montgomery Bell State Park is just down the road from Bellevue, and the Natchez Trace Parkway (run by the National Park Service) also begins in the Bellevue area. And it's not too much of a drive over to one of my favorite places, Radnor Lake Natural Area.

But, I'm not trying to talk you into Bellevue. The other areas you mentioned are nice too.
Montgomery Bell is beautiful. I hadn't been there in about 30 years but my son told me he's getting married at the chapel in Montgomery Bell in the spring. We went down to check it out late in the fall and stayed at the Inn. The drought last year had made a difference on the lake, but we thought the park and the drive through it was beautiful. The chapel is beautiful too....small, but gorgeous. We could drive down that weekend but instead we've decided to make it a family weekend and have booked several rooms for out of towners for a wedding/family gathering. I'm sure they will enjoy it too.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:47 AM

16 posts, read 53,938 times
Default momma2you

There's so much construction work you have to beat people away with a stick almost. They'll be done reworking the Saturn plant in Spring Hill in 6 months or less according to an electrician friend of mine who's working on it.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:11 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,358,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2you View Post
I just got home last night after spending a few days in Nashville trying to figure out which area to move to, and we have narrowed it down to Spring Hill, Cane Ridge, Bellevue and Franklin. I was just wondering if anyone had any personal thoughts on any of these towns. I have to say Nashville is so beautiful and everyone was so nice up there. So not like in Florida!!!!!
I just did a interview for a University in nashville. That place is extremely beautiful. I didn't have the same experience with friendliness though. Had a down right rude experience in Franklin. But the beauty of that area blows anything Florida could ever offer away times 10.

Old 02-13-2008, 01:52 PM

I noticed there was an ad in todays Tennessean newspaper for a "leasing consultant" for one of the older apartment complexes in Bellevue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville