Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 05:04 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times

Advertisements

It's right at the top of Music Row. Generally, downtown is considered to be the other side of the freeway. Not far at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 08:01 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,358 times
My wife and I will be visiting the Murfreesboro area next week, any suggestions on where to look for possible apartments in the area? What is that city like?

Old 01-02-2007, 03:40 PM
EU! EU! started this thread

20 posts, read 49,392 times
Ive heard in south states people speak a little diferent... d´ya think it´s hard to catch what people speak??? I need more information bout Nashville area....
Im about to choose Nashville to study english but i still haven´t had many informations bout the city...

Old 01-02-2007, 08:32 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EU! View Post
Ive heard in south states people speak a little diferent... d´ya think it´s hard to catch what people speak??? I need more information bout Nashville area....
Im about to choose Nashville to study english but i still haven´t had many informations bout the city...
People in Nashville speak with a different accent than what you probably learned while studying English. However, people in Nashville also tend to speak more slowly than in other parts of the US.

Nashville also has a lot of people who have moved there from other parts of the US, so you will most likely hear many different American accents while in Nashville.

Belmont is a beautiful, small university that is not far from downtown. It's not far from other universities, too, so that part of Nashville has a lot of university students, most of whom are not from Tennessee (at least those who are at Vanderbilt University).

Old 01-03-2007, 06:44 AM

13 posts, read 29,708 times
Default Dickson County

Quote:
Originally Posted by whttigr View Post
I see a lot of people talking about Nashville in several posts. I'm trying to get info on Dickson County. Does anyone have any info on the area that might be of some help to me? I have already posted once but have not gotten a response from anyone. I'm hoping someone can really help me out.

Jennifer
You can look at the thread called "Moving to Nashville area". On page 2 I responded about Dickson County. (Don't mean to be lazy). I'll be looking for your response.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:43 PM

There are more questions i wanna make..... ive never been abroad so it´s gonna be my first time.... what´s crime in Nashville like? I wanna know if there´s good places where i can go out at night... drink some beers..... r people friendly??? is the city "spread out" or i can find many things near each other?

Old 01-07-2007, 09:05 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,862 times
Default in my own defense....

I just noticed in my CP where someone had submitted a complaint against me after my comment on this thread. They called me rude, anti-Christian and a bigot! Wow. Never been called the latter two, at least

I feel I am far from either. I am a youth group leader for my church, and have often gone toe to toe with those whom I consider to be bigots.

I understand how sometimes there can be a problem getting humor or sarcasm across via the written word, but honestly, I don't see a problem with my comment here.

As for Christian music artists, I am a songwriter and have written Christian music myself. It's not my mainstay, but I certainly am not bigoted against them or anti-Christian. I was simply saying there are a lot of them here and often congregate at Starbucks. What could possibly be considered hateful in stating that?

There. I feel better now I wonder if the poster is brave enough to reveal their identity and discuss this. Anonymity is so safe.....

Old 02-03-2007, 09:32 PM

Default ...

im really afraid!!!!!!!!! will i like it?

Old 02-04-2007, 10:02 AM

13,353 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EU! View Post
im really afraid!!!!!!!!! will i like it?
I don't think anyone can possibly answer that question except for yourself. I personally love Nashville, a lot of people love Nashville. It's a very vibrant city with a lot of energy, a lot of young people, a lot of talent, a lot of creativity, a lot of good restaurants, a lot of money. But as for whether YOU will like it, there is no way that we can answer that for you. Sometimes in life you just need to take a risk and try something new.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:09 AM

9 posts, read 42,008 times
Nashville's winters, as I understand it, are mild. We don't live there yet but we intend to move there this year. We loved the warm, friendly people when we visited there. It was also fairly diverse, especially east nashville.

There is a growing Latino population. We visited the area where alot of Latinos have moved but didn't like the wide, busy streets. However, the Mexican food was original and really good!

According to my friends in the music industry, Nashville the number 2 recording capital of the world...all kinds of music is recorded there. (LA is the number 1 recording capital; New York is the 3rd).

Also, Nashville is less than 400 miles from Chicago...a great city! People in Nashville told us that Southwest Airlines has flights for under $100 roundtrip from Nashville to Chicago.

I don't speak Portugese but my Spanish is okay...my sister lives in Argentina. If you prefer to ask questions in Spanish, I can try to answer in Spanish.

Nashville is a cool city with a cool vibe. I'm sure you'll love it there. My husband and I plan on opening an international house there. We have alot of friends all over the world who have heard about Nashville and, like you, desire to visit and study there.

Keep in touch.

peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville