Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2016, 10:57 AM

87 posts, read 167,479 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband is entertaining a job transfer to Nashville area and I have 2 questions that I couldn't find answers for by searching old posts. Asking both so I don't make 2 posts!

#1 - My 7th grader has been placed in Algebra for this year (G/T magnet school that offers this). Are there middle schools in Williamson Co. that offer Algebra for 7th grade and Geometry for 8th?)

#2 - In TX where we are, qualifying HS students in certain HS can participate in a dual enrollment program w/ local colleges so that they can earn college credit during HS. They can graduate HS with many college credits that transfer to TX universities (and generally there is little to no tuition cost). Do any of the Williamson CO HS offer a program such as this? If so, are the local colleges quality? Do credits only transfer to TN colleges?

Thanks in advance for any help! I've read many threads over the past few weeks in this forum which have been so helpful for us in considering a move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 11:27 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
You can definitely take Geometry at an 8th grader as at least some of the WCS schools. Both of my high schoolers took it as 8th graders at Brentwood Middle.

Not sure about dual enrollment. Most kids we know that are in the top classes take lots of AP offerings. WCS offers 31 AP classes within its system. I think Brentwood High offers about 28 of those.
My son will take somewhere between 10-12 AP classes in high school, and he has a friend who will end up with at least 15 if he stays on his current track.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:58 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times
My son is on track to take Alg. 1 in 7th and Geometry in 8th we are in WCS.

Old 08-08-2016, 08:47 AM

320 posts, read 541,047 times
Williamson County offers Dual Enrollment to Juniors and Seniors with at least a 3.0 GPA. Credits are earned through Columbia State Community College and can be transferred to any TBR college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: