Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 08:30 PM

12 posts, read 139,079 times

Advertisements

Have any of you guys had any experience with The Jones Company? We're planning to build a home with this builder and I was wondering if anyone out there would recommend this builder.
Thank,
Pete
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 11:12 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,632,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete08 View Post
Have any of you guys had any experience with The Jones Company? We're planning to build a home with this builder and I was wondering if anyone out there would recommend this builder.
Thank,
Pete
Well, they are known. I haven't heard anything either way on them. I would check on them with the Better Business Bureau. One recommendation I have is to go around a neighborhood with homes built by The Jones Company and politely ask anyone you see what they think of their home. You can even ring a few doorbells. I don't see any harm in that at all.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:03 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,477,083 times
^ I echo Steve's comments above. Driving through Jones' neighborhoods and asking other people is a good idea.

I would also call a home inspector and ask their opinion of the builder and what things you should be looking out for as they build your house. It's a lot easier to let the builder know now that you're aware of common problems (like the brick not being properly installed with weep holes), than for them to go back in 3 months and repair something that your inspector finds.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:22 AM

627 posts, read 1,847,500 times
We are renting a home in McKay's Mill built by Jones back in ~2000.

Many of the homeowners are already replacing their roofs. Many had to have a substantial amount of work done on their bricks. I think the brick contractor botched the job either through poor weep hole placement or simply shoddy work.

I believe that Jones is paying for brick repair as part of the warranty work, but the homeowners are taking care of the roofs. As far as the inside of the home, it appears everything is doing okay for the most part. A couple windows are foggy between the panes, other minor things. The insulation seems good, as the 3600sf barn we have only cost $150 to cool last month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville