Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 11:21 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,547,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Sun Country Airline enters Nashville market with 6 nonstop flights to Florida, Minnesota (source: Tennessean)

"Sun Country, a Minnesota-based airline, is expanding to Nashville, adding six nonstop flights to the Nashville International Airport, with flights launching in November.

Sun Country nonstop flights will be offered to Fort Myers, Fla., Miami, Orlando, Tampa, New Orleans and Minneapolis/ St.Paul. Introductory fares of $49 for one-way trips will be offered and flights will be offered twice a week. "

and later:

"Fort Myers International Airport: Mondays and Fridays, starts Nov. 2

Miami International Airport: Wednesdays and Saturdays, starts Nov. 3

Orlando International Airport: Thursdays and Sundays, starts Nov. 4

Tampa International Airport: Wednesdays and Saturdays, starts Nov. 3

Louis Armstrong New Orleans Airport: Mondays and Fridays, starts Nov. 2

Minneapolis-St.Paul International Airport: Thursdays and Sundays, starts Nov. 1"
I'm not sure I'd choose Sun Country. Sun Country passengers irate after airline leaves them in Mexico, citing end of season - StarTribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 12:11 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Maybe they should change their motto to: Sun Country...find your own way home.

Old 08-14-2018, 07:10 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,357,286 times
More options is always good!

Old 11-15-2018, 01:43 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Some good Southwest news:

Southwest to add nonstops to San Jose, Burbank, and Omaha. (source: The Tennessean)

"Daily service to San Jose and Burbank, California, and weekly Sunday service to Omaha, Nebraska, will begin June 9, 2019, according to airport officials.

'Today’s announcement by Southwest Airlines of service to San Jose, Hollywood Burbank and Omaha adds three new destinations for our airport and expands the options available to our passengers,' BNA President and CEO Doug Kreulen said in a a statement. 'With more than 120 daily departures, Southwest is our largest carrier, a longtime business partner and an authentic part of the Nashville community. We appreciate their more than 30 years of support.'"

Old 11-15-2018, 02:41 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
Yea!!! Burbank is so much easier to fly in/out versus LAX. Wish that started now and not June 2019.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:10 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,509,390 times
1.5 million passengers in October. BNA could be looking at more than 17 million passengers in the next year. Even in the midst of the current $1.2 billion airport expansion, Metro Nashville Airport Authority is already planning the next phase beyond that; a second terminal dedicated to Southwest Airlines. New projections for 2022 are 20 million passengers and a focus city/eastern hub for Southwest. The recent announcement from Amazon has put this plan into overdrive.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:28 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Yea!!! Burbank is so much easier to fly in/out versus LAX. Wish that started now and not June 2019.
I wish it started when I lived in Burbank and had to go back and forth to Nashville through LAX or Orange County BUT hey, first world problems I guess. That's good news though for sure.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:05 PM

2,427 posts, read 2,477,520 times
Default Metro proposes renaming Nashville airport after Oprah Winfrey

Metro council woman proposes renaming Nashville's airport after Oprah Winfrey.. I think this is a great honor and idea especially with Oprah having some history with the city. https://www.google.com/amp/amp.newsc...h-winfrey.html

Old 12-11-2018, 06:15 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,509,390 times
Dude! Dude! No!

I think it's a horrible idea to name anything after a living person. And I wish Ms. Winfrey many happy years ahead. But aside from that, she merely launched her career in Nashville but has no achievement of note in Nashville. Plus, the council-unit proposing this has a really terrible track record of making these silly, inane proposals to prove some personal point. In this case, it's obviously to gain votes from a selective group of Oprah fans. Like renaming streets. Keep it simple. First Avenue... Second... Third... Fourth... Fifth... etc. It helps people from out of town and doesn't "w***e" for votes.

I really don't like naming airports after people. Keep it simple. Atlanta should be Atlanta International. Washington should be Washington-Arlington International Airport.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:25 PM

2,427 posts, read 2,477,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
Dude! Dude! No!

I think it's a horrible idea to name anything after a living person. And I wish Ms. Winfrey many happy years ahead. But aside from that, she merely launched her career in Nashville but has no achievement of note in Nashville. Plus, the council-unit proposing this has a really terrible track record of making these silly, inane proposals to prove some personal point. In this case, it's obviously to gain votes from a selective group of Oprah fans. Like renaming streets. Keep it simple. First Avenue... Second... Third... Fourth... Fifth... etc. It helps people from out of town and doesn't "w***e" for votes.

I really don't like naming airports after people. Keep it simple. Atlanta should be Atlanta International. Washington should be Washington-Arlington International Airport.
Yeah, it's funny because with it being an honor it also feels like it could be a jinx, especially when people are normally deceased before this occurs so I get your point. Other than that I don't see the problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville