Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 08:15 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,492,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Breeze Airways is going to enter the Nashville market in May, becoming the 24th airline to fly into BNA. Breeze will fly to 5 destinations out of BNA: Akron/Canton, Charleston SC, Hartford, Oklahoma City, and Tulsa.

https://www.flybreeze.com/destinations/Nashville
That proclaimed Charleston flight is a bit deceiving. There's not a plane change, but you do have to fly through Akron/Canton, so it's not direct. I can't imagine there will be many doing that when Southwest offers a daily direct flight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 08:20 PM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Southwest is expanding its service out of Nashville by adding nonstop flights to Long Beach CA and Steamboat Springs CO. This makes 57 nonstop destinations that Southwest serves out of BNA and the 4th Los Angeles-area airport served by all airlines out of BNA:

Burbank - Southwest
Long Beach - Southwest
Los Angeles International - American, Delta, Southwest, Spirit, Sun Country
Orange County - Southwest

https://thepointsguy.com/news/southw...-colorado/amp/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 06-16-2022, 09:35 PM

9 posts, read 10,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Southwest is expanding its service out of Nashville by adding nonstop flights to Long Beach CA and Steamboat Springs CO. This makes 57 nonstop destinations that Southwest serves out of BNA and the 4th Los Angeles-area airport served by all airlines out of BNA:

Burbank - Southwest
Long Beach - Southwest
Los Angeles International - American, Delta, Southwest, Spirit, Sun Country
Orange County - Southwest

https://thepointsguy.com/news/southw...-colorado/amp/
Southwest badly needs more gates at the airport. I’ve heard they plan to take over Americans eventually once the rest of the airport is built out?

Old 07-01-2022, 10:43 AM

Fiscal Year 2021-2022 was a record-breaking year for BNA with 18.4 million passengers which is nearly double the passengers from 10 years ago (9.8 million).

During the last year, BNA welcomed four new airlines (Avelo, Breeze, Flair, and Swoop) and the return of British Airways. Sixteen new nonstop destinations were added to BNA. BNA now has nonstop destinations on 20 airlines to 97 destinations in four countries, 37 states, and Puerto Rico.

BNA is currently in the midst of a $1.2 billion expansion to bring its capacity up to 23 million passengers which should wrap up in 2023. However, with the unprecedented growth at BNA, an additional, $1.4 billion expansion project will begin at the completion of the current expansion to bring total capacity to 30 million by 2028.

https://flynashville.com/press-releases/22524

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-13-2022, 05:41 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
Haven't been paying attention - Is BA planning to bring back their non-stop to London? I have been flying to Chicago (ORD) to catch overseas flights. Used to fly Southwest to EWR but they dropped that route. I heard EWR is a mess this summer so just as well I guess.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Haven't been paying attention - Is BA planning to bring back their non-stop to London? I have been flying to Chicago (ORD) to catch overseas flights. Used to fly Southwest to EWR but they dropped that route. I heard EWR is a mess this summer so just as well I guess.
Yes, British Airways restarted its Nashville flights some time ago. It sure is nice to fly to London out of BNA without having to change planes.

https://simpleflying.com/british-air...rn-boeing-787/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 07-14-2022, 12:47 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times
Oh wow! I didn't even search from Nashville! Not cheap but quick AND a 787! Great to know! Being greedy I would like also a flight to the Continent. Jet Blue has a one stop through Boston which isn't too bad. I have miles on United but a lof of their flights out of BNA are those little Embraer Jets. Thanks JMT!!!

Old 07-22-2022, 11:05 PM

689 posts, read 640,233 times
One thing with Southwest, in some cases their service is just once a week, such as their flight to San Juan. Yes, it's a non-stop flight but it's very infrequent.

Old 07-23-2022, 12:42 AM

689 posts, read 640,233 times
As an addendum to the above post, I realize other airlines do the same thing. I just feel like it's obscured more than I wish it were.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:42 AM

Breeze Airways, which has been at BNA for just three months, is adding two more nonstop destinations: Norfolk VA and White Plains/Westchester NY. This makes five destinations Breeze serves out of BNA (Akron/Canton OH, Hartford CT, Norfolk, Tulsa, and White Plains) and the second airline to fly between BNA and Norfolk (Southwest is the other). This also makes the 8th airline to fly between BNA and the NYC area, and this is the 6th NYC-area airport served out of BNA:
  • JFK (American, Delta, JetBlue)
  • LaGuardia (American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit)
  • Newark (Spirit, United)
  • Long Island (Southwest)
  • New Haven CT (Avelo)
  • White Plains (Breeze)

https://williamsonsource.com/breeze-...k-westchester/

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 08-13-2022 at 07:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville