Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 06:31 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times

Advertisements

BNA Vision

https://flynashville.com/about/Pages/BNAVision.aspx

The first transit project they should do is from the airport to downtown that would be hugely helpful. When San Francisco put their BART extension out to SFO, people said "No one will use it!" Is now the easiest and cheapest and usually the fastest way to get from the airport to downtown San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 04:50 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
BNA Vision

https://flynashville.com/about/Pages/BNAVision.aspx

The first transit project they should do is from the airport to downtown that would be hugely helpful. When San Francisco put their BART extension out to SFO, people said "No one will use it!" Is now the easiest and cheapest and usually the fastest way to get from the airport to downtown San Francisco.
That really is cool, and it's about time. BNA is getting woefully inadadequate. Here's a YouTube video that outlines the plans to expand the airport, including linking the airport to a hoped-for rail mass transit network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igc8SeeSdH8

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 10-26-2016, 07:44 PM

Default Nashville airport news

On the heels of a recently-announced $1 billion expansion plan, passenger traffic in the first quarter of FY 2017 (June-September 2016) increased 10.6% over the previous year. BNA served more than 12.2 million passengers in FY 2016 (July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016), growing by more than 9.8 percent year-over-year and setting a passenger record for the third consecutive fiscal year. It was the first time in BNA history to break 12 million passengers, and BNA is on track to break another passenger record for calendar year 2016.

Other highlights from this news release:
  • July, August and September each marked the busiest corresponding month on record;
  • September marked the seventh consecutive month with more than one million passengers and saw a 14 percent increase in passenger traffic compared to the mark from same month last year;
  • 72 of the past 74 months have experienced year-over-year growth.

Airport sees 10.3% passenger increase | Nashville Post

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 10-27-2016, 07:59 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,467,934 times
Good announcement and video. I've often wondered what they'll do about Donelson Pike as it seems like that really landlocks the airport from expanding...well, I guess I've got my answer. That'll be a headache but long term a good solution.

The mass transit idea...I like it. I could see where it might connect with the existing Music City Star in that vicinity already. Maybe having a BNA/Downtown connector would help spur other rail ideas as well. I'm not holding my breath for this to actually happen, but I do see it being feasible.

edit: if anything, I think the 20mm passengers by 2035 projection might be a little conservative. I could see it being higher.

Old 10-28-2016, 03:14 PM

7,534 posts, read 17,221,758 times
I like the idea in general of connecting with the Star, except that it's a commuter train. What Nashville needs is a light-rail solution from BNA (and other parts of the city) into downtown. Maybe it could interface with a Star station to provide connectivity?

Old 10-28-2016, 06:16 PM

50 posts, read 71,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I like the idea in general of connecting with the Star, except that it's a commuter train. What Nashville needs is a light-rail solution from BNA (and other parts of the city) into downtown. Maybe it could interface with a Star station to provide connectivity?
I think the overall plan with the Music City Star is to make the train smaller, faster and with more stops. They are adding an additional stop between Lebanon and Mt. Juliet next year off of Lebanon Rd.

It would be great if at least a bus line connected both the Music City Star and BNA. The would create connectivity with Nashville, Donelson, Hermitage, Mt. Juliet and Lebanon and BNA.

Old 10-28-2016, 06:29 PM

914 posts, read 1,982,701 times
The Star is relatively easy to upgrade service since the line is already there. It is owned by a private railroad so an agreement would have to be worked out before upgrading, but that's a lot easier than building a whole new line. Ideally, there would be 30 minute service from 6am-9am and 3pm-6pm with hourly service from 5am-6am, 9am-3pm, and 6pm-9pm. All it would take to connect it to the airport is to run one of the airport shuttle to and from Donelson Station (2.7 miles) in a coordinated fashion with the train departure and arrival times.

Old 10-29-2016, 07:23 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Hey View Post
. All it would take to connect it to the airport is to run one of the airport shuttle to and from Donelson Station (2.7 miles) in a coordinated fashion with the train departure and arrival times.
This is what they did in SF and Oakland for years until they built the extensions to each airport.

Old 10-29-2016, 09:12 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,304,919 times
http://www.nashvillemta.org/maps/route18.pdf

MTA Route 18 uses Elm Hill Pike for $1.70 fare

Maybe MTA could do a BRT from downtown via Lebanon Pike to stop at the Donelson park & ride/Star lot and go into the airport.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:48 PM

More than 1.21 million passengers traveled through Nashville International Airport last month, setting a new record for the busiest month in the airport's history.

The 1,217,173 passenger total breaks the airport's previous record, set in June, of 1,206,083. June, in turn, broke a record set in May. October was also the airport's eighth-consecutive month with more than 1 million passengers.

The record-setting month, up 8 percent from October 2015, comes after a record-setting 2016 fiscal year(July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016). Amid all this growth, the airport is pursuing a $1 billion expansion.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...a-new-all.html

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville