Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 04:17 PM

68 posts, read 238,194 times

Advertisements

Go the phone call today, passed my security clearance, hire date will be March 31.

I'm moving to TN

Excited about the job, hate the thought of moving again.

Last edited by panacasummit; 02-28-2008 at 04:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 04:26 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,962,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panacasummit View Post
Go the phone call today, passed my security clearance, hire date will be April first.

I'm moving to TN

Excited about the job, hate the thought of moving again.
Congrats on the job panacasummit! Welcome to TN. You are gonna love it! I hate moving too! So much stress! My company packed and moved me, it was still really hard on me. All thay chaos. It was worth it though!

Old 02-28-2008, 04:38 PM

Just the wife and I, some boys from church, and a U-haul. I would love to say this will be the last move, but I know when I get a chance to promote I'll take it, especially if it is back West of the Rockies. Not bagging on the South. People here have been wonderful but I miss real Mountian tops, driving 100 miles and never seeing another soul, and being able to camp where ever you can get to in your truck. No need for campgrounds.

On the other hand, if my wife gets her acreage with trees and horses I probably wont be able to blow her out of it with dynamite so we'll see. As for now, just happy to get the second career going finally.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:16 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,962,412 times
Quote:
Just the wife and I, some boys from church, and a U-haul. I would love to say this will be the last move, but I know when I get a chance to promote I'll take it, especially if it is back West of the Rockies. Not bagging on the South. People here have been wonderful but I miss real Mountian tops, driving 100 miles and never seeing another soul, and being able to camp where ever you can get to in your truck. No need for campgrounds.

On the other hand, if my wife gets her acreage with trees and horses I probably wont be able to blow her out of it with dynamite so we'll see. As for now, just happy to get the second career going finally.
What you describe sounds awesome! Where is that place?

Well, you probably will find what your wife is looking for here in TN. So prepare to stay LOL! Just joking. For now, I hope the move goes smooth for you. Having moved twice in the last 6 months I know what it's like.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
Where is that place?
We used to live in a tiny town called Panaca, NV and for us it was heaven on earth.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:19 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,373,214 times
Welcome to Tennessee! You will love it here. If you want to see some of the states beauty take a ride on the Natchez State Parkway, which starts at Highway 100 in Nashville, right past the Loveless Cafe. Its historical and breathtaking!
Natchez Trace Parkway - Directions (U.S. National Park Service)

Diane G

Old 02-29-2008, 03:32 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,229,526 times
Welcome to Tennessee. I hope you enjoy it here. There's a lot of good things about the area, and a few that are not so good, but most of us like it here.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Welcome to Tennessee! You will love it here. If you want to see some of the states beauty take a ride on the Natchez State Parkway, which starts at Highway 100 in Nashville, right past the Loveless Cafe. Its historical and breathtaking!
Natchez Trace Parkway - Directions (U.S. National Park Service)

Diane G
SWEET, A road trip. That's what 90% of our vacations have always been. Three with no destination or map. One without even a plan to go on one. My wife and I went to a movie one night in Vegas. Our oldest daughter and her boys were living with us at the time. We both had a three day weekend. Called her up and said we aren't coming home. No bags, no map, no destination. Started driving north on 93 becasue neither one us every had. Got us some cat house t-shirts from the gift shop (not sure the old ladies from church ever found the humor in that we did), did the Death Valley thing, bought fresh oranges out of the groves (can still remember the smell in the air there to his day) and then sequioa national park in the snow. Or the day 7 of us took of in a van driving all night to the Black Hills because we could. Nothing like a road trip. We love em !!!

Old 02-29-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Welcome to Tennessee. I hope you enjoy it here. There's a lot of good things about the area, and a few that are not so good, but most of us like it here.
Everybody here that knows Nashville tells us they are envious so we are taking that as a good sign. Just wish we were moving closer not further from Six Flags but you can't have everything.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:29 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,229,526 times
Quote:
Everybody here that knows Nashville tells us they are envious so we are taking that as a good sign. Just wish we were moving closer not further from Six Flags but you can't have everything.
There's always Dollywood! ;-)

There's a Six-Flags in Kentucky, and in Georgia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville