Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:55 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Welcome to Tennessee! You will love it here. If you want to see some of the states beauty take a ride on the Natchez State Parkway, which starts at Highway 100 in Nashville, right past the Loveless Cafe. Its historical and breathtaking!
Natchez Trace Parkway - Directions (U.S. National Park Service)

Diane G
Diane,
Everytime someone posts a good place to go I write them down. My mother will be here in May and hubby and I will be on vacation and we really want to explore our new home. I can't wait. Any other suggestions of places to see and things to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 02:23 PM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panacasummit View Post
Everybody here that knows Nashville tells us they are envious so we are taking that as a good sign. Just wish we were moving closer not further from Six Flags but you can't have everything.
Seriously, it was a dark day when Opryland announced they were closing. A lot of us have never forgiven Gaylord for closing down that theme park. grrrrrr

Six Flags in Atlanta is only a little over 3 hours away (depending on where you end up living). There's a little bitty Six Flags in Louisville KY. Frankly I'd rather drive a little farther and go to the one in Atlanta.

And as alleycat said, there's always Dollywood over here in the Smoky Mountains!

I'm glad you're moving to TN, and I hope you'll find a good LDS ward that will be happy to see you and will put you to work.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:09 AM

68 posts, read 238,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I'm glad you're moving to TN, and I hope you'll find a good LDS ward that will be happy to see you and will put you to work.
Met some folks from the Mt. Juliet ward. They claim to average right about 60 active youth each week. Heck those are Utah numbers. That's more than our branch has in sacrament. Going to go visit them next weekend if something else doesn't come up like last attempt.

The more we talk about I think we are going to go ahead and keep living in the city until our son graduates or at least until he has a car and full license. My wife and I feel smothered but he is loving it here where we live now. He has close to 2 dozen friends all within walking distance. Last night he and 6 boys from the neighborhood were in the driveway from 4pm to 10pm playing "extreme basketball." Not sure of the rules but I know my trailer and the downed trees from our ice storms came into play

How this kid has not cost me thousands in broken bones yet is beyond me. Our oldest was much more reserved and seemed to break something everytime he moved. This one doesn't know the meaning of caution and while constanly bruised and battered hasn't broken a bone yet.

If we are going to continue town living Mt. Juliet sounds as nice as any from what I'm reading here. Worth a peak anyway.

We just had two in town moves in our branch this week. Knowing we have to do the same thing in a month or two kind of took some of the excitement out of all this but it will be nice when we are all settled again. One of the ladies we moved is from Smyrna and she spoke highly of that area and Murfreesboro as well. I think that is my biggest problem. I have too much of an area to choose from.

They did combined our branch and the neighboring wards youth for activities about a month ago. Something I tried to get done as Young Men's President but couldn't. Sure ads a lot more excitment to Thursday nights and a lot more available hands for service projects.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:23 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Seriously, it was a dark day when Opryland announced they were closing. A lot of us have never forgiven Gaylord for closing down that theme park. grrrrrr
Oh, I totally agree! Many fond memories of time there with grandparents, family, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville