Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 10:58 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,083,129 times

Advertisements

I can sit here and say that Davidson County voted 60% Hillary and 34% Trump but at the end of the day, my opinion is that the people who claim to be liberal here are more moderate in comparison to the self-proclaimed liberals on the West Coast. Much like most people on the West Coast who identify as Republican or conservative are probably closer to moderate when compared to the same self-identifiers in the South.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:15 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,325,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I can sit here and say that Davidson County voted 60% Hillary and 34% Trump but at the end of the day, my opinion is that the people who claim to be liberal here are more moderate in comparison to the self-proclaimed liberals on the West Coast. Much like most people on the West Coast who identify as Republican or conservative are probably closer to moderate when compared to the same self-identifiers in the South.
Basically this.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:39 PM

359 posts, read 320,179 times
Quote:

Gotcha! Thanks. I can see how that would make sense.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:10 PM

382 posts, read 488,318 times
Nashville is not close to being ultra liberal, however, I do think it is trending that way with all of the new people moving in. That being said, just about any of the suburbs will fit the bill if you want to live around mostly conservatives.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:53 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,931 times
Quote:
This was me. I thought I was a Northeast republican when I moved here. I quickly realized that made me a liberal here. I've become much more liberal since I moved here and have witnessed the insanity of the so called republican party in TN which isn't so much about small government as creating a theocracy. They are more than willing to stick their noses into local governance when they don't like what the locals are doing.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:19 AM

382 posts, read 488,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
This was me. I thought I was a Northeast republican when I moved here. I quickly realized that made me a liberal here. I've become much more liberal since I moved here and have witnessed the insanity of the so called republican party in TN which isn't so much about small government as creating a theocracy. They are more than willing to stick their noses into local governance when they don't like what the locals are doing.
I am at the same point too. With the current administration, all the way down to the state level, the GOP is going way too far and is pushing me further to the left very quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville