Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:10 AM

31 posts, read 144,866 times

Advertisements

My family is relocating to the area and I am looking at several new subdivisions that are Nolensville addresses but very close to Brentwood/Concord Rd area. We are looking here because we love the schools here. Anyone have any input as to whether this area is good or not? Any reasons to avoid this area? I am looking at Benington and Catalina subdivisions. Thanks for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 09:13 AM

222 posts, read 639,147 times
We live just inside Davidson County at the Brentwood/Concord Road area, and we like the area very much. I know a few people who've moved just over the line into Williamson County (Nolensville area), and they seem very pleased with the schools. It's easy to get downtown, and it's also easy to get to Cool Springs.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 03-10-2008, 11:39 AM

1,177 posts, read 4,156,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethcd View Post
My family is relocating to the area and I am looking at several new subdivisions that are Nolensville addresses but very close to Brentwood/Concord Rd area. We are looking here because we love the schools here. Anyone have any input as to whether this area is good or not? Any reasons to avoid this area? I am looking at Benington and Catalina subdivisions. Thanks for any advice!
Both Benington & Catalina are very nice/upscale areas in Williamson County. Both are zoned for the same Williamson County schools. Most of the lots are close to half an acre which is larger than most new developments.
The only potential downside would be commute time to work if you have to travel very far from the developments.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post
Both Benington & Catalina are very nice/upscale areas in Williamson County. Both are zoned for the same Williamson County schools. Most of the lots are close to half an acre which is larger than most new developments.
The only potential downside would be commute time to work if you have to travel very far from the developments.
Thanks gbone
The lot size is one of the reasons we are looking at these developements. We have looked at several houses that we like and we love Sunset schools. One downside of Catalina is it is Nolensville Elementary instead of Sunset. I would have one at Sunset Middle so I would prefer to have them on the same campus. I had heard some people on this forum say to avoid Nolensville Rd areas and wasn't sure if these developments were included in that area.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:13 PM

222 posts, read 639,147 times
Quote:
I had heard some people on this forum say to avoid Nolensville Rd areas and wasn't sure if these developments were included in that area.
I'm pretty sure those references meant other parts of Nolensville Road closer to Nashville, and at least on the other side of Old Hickory Blvd. The area you're talking about seems quite safe and nice.

Nolensville Road is very crowded though during rush hour times. You'd have to learn the back ways to get places.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:29 PM

48 posts, read 189,478 times
Sunset Park in Nolensville has the school zoning you are looking for and same lot sizes and community amenities that Benington and Catalina offer. If Brentwood is an option for you, check out Fountainbrooke, Southern Woods and Brookfield. These also share the same features and school zoning.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaugherty View Post
Sunset Park in Nolensville has the school zoning you are looking for and same lot sizes and community amenities that Benington and Catalina offer. If Brentwood is an option for you, check out Fountainbrooke, Southern Woods and Brookfield. These also share the same features and school zoning.
Thanks for the info. Brentwood is an option we are just having trouble finding the right combination of house and lot size there that is affordable. We have looked at Sunset Park. Fountainbrooke and Southern Woods have been rezoned next year away from Sunset Elementary. Brookfield is nice just busier streets with no sidewalks for the kids Hopefully we can find something that works!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:52 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,500,663 times
We lived in Courtside in Brentwood, which is also zoned for Sunset schools. We had a big backyard. Great neighborhood!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 AM

38 posts, read 116,245 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Brentwood is an option we are just having trouble finding the right combination of house and lot size there that is affordable. We have looked at Sunset Park. Fountainbrooke and Southern Woods have been rezoned next year away from Sunset Elementary. Brookfield is nice just busier streets with no sidewalks for the kids Hopefully we can find something that works!
Do you know what schools Southern Woods (Courtside) have been rezoned to?

Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidge View Post
Do you know what schools Southern Woods (Courtside) have been rezoned to?
Courtside has been rezoned to Edmondson Elementary.

There is a list of the approved zoning changes for the 08-09 school year on the Williamson County School Boards website. If you go under zoning they have a list of neighborhoods and any changes in zoning for those neighborhoods. It has been very helpful in my search for a house.

I would love to talk to anyone who has children at Sunset or any of the Brentwood schools to get a first hand account of the schools!!

It is so hard to know what the right choice is as far as schools are concerned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville