Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,523 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Nashville in the next few months. I was raised in Atlanta. I love Nashville, it reminds me of Atlanta in my youth before the 96 Olympics hit and caused massive overcrowding. I love diversity and I am really excited to raise my daughter in a city that holds the values that I grew up with. Don't get me wrong, Atlanta will always be home. I can't deal with the overcrowding, my city has changed and not all for the good. I welcome the fresh start in Nashville. I have encountered friendly and welcoming people. The level of medical care at Vanderbilt is top notch, it's the reason my Mother relocated. I love Nashville and the surrounding suburbs. I am so excited to explore and grow. I couldn't be happier about my decision to relocate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 09:47 PM

2,426 posts, read 2,473,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gococo View Post
I am moving to Nashville in the next few months. I was raised in Atlanta. I love Nashville, it reminds me of Atlanta in my youth before the 96 Olympics hit and caused massive overcrowding. I love diversity and I am really excited to raise my daughter in a city that holds the values that I grew up with. Don't get me wrong, Atlanta will always be home. I can't deal with the overcrowding, my city has changed and not all for the good. I welcome the fresh start in Nashville. I have encountered friendly and welcoming people. The level of medical care at Vanderbilt is top notch, it's the reason my Mother relocated. I love Nashville and the surrounding suburbs. I am so excited to explore and grow. I couldn't be happier about my decision to relocate.
I love Nashville too but I hate to tell u it's getting overcrowded and going through its growing pains as well

Old 03-29-2018, 10:00 AM

1,683 posts, read 810,521 times
Why the need for a 100% minority upper neighborhood when people of any demographic can simply move into a beautiful house in an area like Pinnacle Point in northern Rutherford County that has plenty of diversity? (and quite a bit less $$ than Brentwood)

modcut

Last edited by Beretta; 06-30-2018 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: no linking to realtor sites/pictures

Old 03-29-2018, 12:07 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeHoyal View Post
Why the need for a 100% minority upper neighborhood when people of any demographic can simply move into a beautiful house in an area like Pinnacle Point in northern Rutherford County that has plenty of diversity? (and quite a bit less $$ than Brentwood)

modcut
I don't think anyone is writing about a 100% minority neighborhood. There are some parts of this country where upper middle class Black families have problems when the move in to a neighborhood that is over whelming one race. People want to be comfortable where they live and not always being watched.

Last edited by Beretta; 06-30-2018 at 08:10 PM..

Old 03-29-2018, 03:55 PM

1,683 posts, read 810,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I don't think anyone is writing about a 100% minority neighborhood. There are some parts of this country where upper middle class Black families have problems when the move in to a neighborhood that is over whelming one race. People want to be comfortable where they live and not always being watched.
Part of the actual thread title is...

Why are there no upperclass black neighborhoods?

Old 04-26-2018, 10:12 AM

93 posts, read 74,383 times
I live in East Nashville and it is quite diverse with every ethnicity being represented. Many well educated and well compensated African Americans live in my building. I don't think Nashville has a specifically orientated neighborhood for African Americans/Blacks anymore. People here live where they can afford, not necessarily where people who look like them live.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:20 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,478,379 times
I am considering Franklin but I would like to explore Nashville but it seems too expensive. Are there some nice areas in Nashville that will not break the bank? I prefer suburbia with amenities close by.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeHoyal View Post

modcut
Wow! I just want a nice condo in a safe neighborhood with few children close to amenities.

Last edited by Beretta; 06-30-2018 at 08:11 PM..

Old 04-27-2018, 04:30 PM

Cute but the school district is terrible. This usually means the neighborhood may have challenges. I love the price.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...82,36.074476,-

Old 04-27-2018, 04:51 PM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Are there black people living there? Then there is black culture. It may not be the black culture as you define it though. Using myself as an example, not every black person likes or listens to hip-hop music (or even thinks that, in its current form, it is 'black culture'). Not every black person went to an HBCU or has that connection. Not every black person wants to live in a 'black community'. Perhaps the people you are looking for just work hard and have decided to live in normal middle-class neighborhoods. Maybe these are the reasons why there is no specific black neighborhood like the one you're looking for and why you don't feel like there is a 'prominent' black culture.
Excellent post and well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville