Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 03:54 PM

77 posts, read 273,341 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
We are finally planning a trip back to the hendersonville area for a few days. Will look at schools, houses and anything else we can in about four days. We are trying to find a good clean cheap motel. It looks like all that is in Hendersonville is Holiday Inn Xpress, Hyatt and one other cheaper motel (don't remember the name). We were thinking of staying off the highway there in Goodlettsville. Seems like there are more motels to choose from there. Does anyone know anything about Americas Best Value Inn? We don't need a lot of extras but do want it to be clean and safe. We will be running around most of the time. Could someone advise on any motels in the area. Between gas, food and motel we just can't afford to stay at a high end hotel. Thanks for any info anyone could give.
Jengal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 04:03 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,203,100 times
There are several motels/inns in the Hendersonville area, including an InTown Suites with a weekly rate (I've heard varying opinions about InTown Suites . . . but I think that true of every inn). There's also an AmeriSuites. I stayed at one of those one time (not the Hendersonville one) and it was okay; it might be more than you're wanting to spend however.

Sorry, I don't know anything about America's Best Value Inn.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:18 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengal View Post
Hi all,
We are finally planning a trip back to the hendersonville area for a few days. Will look at schools, houses and anything else we can in about four days. We are trying to find a good clean cheap motel. It looks like all that is in Hendersonville is Holiday Inn Xpress, Hyatt and one other cheaper motel (don't remember the name). We were thinking of staying off the highway there in Goodlettsville. Seems like there are more motels to choose from there. Does anyone know anything about Americas Best Value Inn? We don't need a lot of extras but do want it to be clean and safe. We will be running around most of the time. Could someone advise on any motels in the area. Between gas, food and motel we just can't afford to stay at a high end hotel. Thanks for any info anyone could give.
Jengal
Here is the Rating for the hotel, I'm advising you not to stay in that brand of hotel. They always look like dumps. The weekly one Allycat recommended is good.
Americas Best Value Inn Goodlettsville / N. Nashville (Goodlettsville, TN) - Motel Reviews - TripAdvisor
Tripadvisor will give you the rating for any hotel.
Diane G

Old 03-16-2008, 08:56 PM

Thanks Alleycat & Diane G
I think Best Western is looking good at this point. You're right Diane, that one motel doesn't look so hot. Thanks for letting me know about that web site - its very helpful. Last time we stayed in Gallatin so this time we will get a feel from the other side of Hendersonville. Would love to check out Nashville but I don't think we will have time or money on this trip. If we did, can anyone suggest a good place to go with a 12 yr old girl that isn't too far from our hotel (Goodltvlle)?
Jengal

Old 03-16-2008, 10:28 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengal View Post
Thanks Alleycat & Diane G
I think Best Western is looking good at this point. You're right Diane, that one motel doesn't look so hot. Thanks for letting me know about that web site - its very helpful. Last time we stayed in Gallatin so this time we will get a feel from the other side of Hendersonville. Would love to check out Nashville but I don't think we will have time or money on this trip. If we did, can anyone suggest a good place to go with a 12 yr old girl that isn't too far from our hotel (Goodltvlle)?
Jengal
You could take her to the Opry Mills mall and the Opryland Hotel is huge and different to see.Gaylord Opryland : Resort Hotel and Convention Center : Nashville, TN
You could park in the far side by Jillians of the Opry Mills Mall and walk over. Parking there is free. At the hotel parking has gotten very expensive. It is the old entance of Opryland (Amusment Park that is gone) so it has a path to hotel.
Simon Property Group
Good Luck

Diane G

Old 03-17-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
You could take her to the Opry Mills mall and the Opryland Hotel is huge and different to see.Gaylord Opryland : Resort Hotel and Convention Center : Nashville, TN
You could park in the far side by Jillians of the Opry Mills Mall and walk over. Parking there is free. At the hotel parking has gotten very expensive. It is the old entance of Opryland (Amusment Park that is gone) so it has a path to hotel.
Simon Property Group
Good Luck

Diane G
That sounds good. Thanks for the tip about parking. We'll see if we have time. Want to check out the YMCA and all the parks around town also. How has traffic been around the Indian Lakes area where all the new stores went in or are going in? Any areas we should stay away from at certain times of day?

Old 03-17-2008, 07:40 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,253 times
As the stores open up, traffic has been increasing a bit. But it's not bad. They have some stop lights up to control the flow of traffic. So far, so good.

You could take your daughter downtown to see the Bicentennial Mall on James Robertson Pkwy. It's right next door to the Farmer's Market.

Tennessee State Parks: Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park

Old 03-18-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
As the stores open up, traffic has been increasing a bit. But it's not bad. They have some stop lights up to control the flow of traffic. So far, so good.

You could take your daughter downtown to see the Bicentennial Mall on James Robertson Pkwy. It's right next door to the Farmer's Market.

Tennessee State Parks: Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
Thanks Artemis,
It looks like a very nice place. We will consider that also.
Jengal

Old 03-18-2008, 10:36 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
Alleycat is correct. On a budget, InTown Suites is good deal. By the way, Hyatt Place bought Amerisuites, redid it, it is super, as are all I have seen in the chain, but pricier than InTown. Good value on business trips however, on off-peak nights. Hyatt price locally can vary (seen as low as $68 pre-Christmas to $139 peak nights).

InTown is approx. $180 plus tax/week, may require deposit (to be returned).

Holiday Inn, while in between price of InTown & Hyatt, is an older one. Clean, but shows itself as being outdated. We have used their conference rooms. Haven't been in rooms, but breakfast area, small conference rooms,lobby, and visitors comments have led me to call it "dated'.

Last edited by bobtn; 03-18-2008 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville