Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 06:32 PM

20 posts, read 23,896 times

Advertisements

Hello-

I am sure these type of questions have been asked before in detail on this forum so I am sorry to ask again but hoping for suggestions of the best neighborhood suggestion specific to our family. We are a young family (2 kids under 3), looking ideally for a safe/family friend community with a great "feeling". By "feeling", I mean many young families, kids running around, some charm etc. Ideally the community would have a pool but certainly not necessary. House prices under 800k but prefer closer to 650k. Newer homes would be great but also not necessary. Any suggestions for us? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 09:03 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,545,726 times
You will have your pick of subdivisions at that price point in Williamson. Almost any will meet that need. A lot will depend on your commute

Old 10-02-2017, 09:12 AM

838 posts, read 1,210,762 times
Where are you going to be working?

Old 10-02-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
Where are you going to be working?
Potentially green hills area.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
You will have your pick of subdivisions at that price point in Williamson. Almost any will meet that need. A lot will depend on your commute
I apologize to ask, but mind suggesting a few that we should drive through to get a "feeling" of area? I dont like idea of going with no plans. Sorry for the trouble.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:13 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,089,032 times
There are a lot of family friendly amenities in Westhaven, in Franklin. Not very big yards but nice common areas. Also MacKays Mill or Fieldstone Farms? All in Franklin.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:24 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,545,726 times
Westhaven is great for young families (I lived there for 10 years). You may also want to look for houses zoned for Grassland Middle. That part of Williamson is probably the easiest commute to Green Hills (straight shot down Hillsboro Pike). We moved to Nashville after living in Westhaven because of the commute. When we first moved to Westhaven the commute to green hills was an easy 20-25 minutes and at its worse 45 minutes. By the time we moved at best it was 40 minutes and often an hour.

I can allay any fears about Metro schools if you are in the JT Moore cluster. JT Moore has been way better than the WCS middle school we were at prior to moving. Julia Green is amazing as well (but it has always had a good reputation and I know some folks get scared of metro middle schools).

Old 10-04-2017, 06:28 PM

thank you

Old 10-04-2017, 10:09 PM

838 posts, read 1,210,762 times
Westhaven is a very nice community, that said, it is a significant commute to Green Hills.

On the lower end of your budget, I would look at some of the subdivisions right off Liberty Pike because it is so easy to get there off I-65 using McEwen. Also, the Whole Foods is right there. Cheswick Farms would be one subdivision I would look at.

In the middle of your budget I would look at Fallswood Glen offWilson and Concord. VERY easy to get to I-65 and you can walk to Crockett Park. I would also look at Raintree Forrest , also close to Crockett Park but probably not walking distance. Raintree is an amazing, family friendly community.

At the upper end of your budget, I would look at Montclair off of Moore's Lane or any of the subdivisions off Split Log, near Wilson Pike. If you want to be in the heart of the retail district but in a quiet, tucked away pocket, I would look at The Knolls off of Carouthers and Bakers Bridge.

All the subdivisions have good schools. The subdivisions in the middle to high level of your budget have excellent schools.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 936 times
As a realtor in the area I can confirm that all of the suggestions given are good ones. Determine your preferred commute time and begin to narrow on your options. If quality of schools is high on your criteria, you will want to pay close attention to zoning because in select counties (for example Williamson) schools are strictly zoned to home addresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: