Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 10:38 PM

3 posts, read 11,342 times

Advertisements

23 Year old female. Relocating to Nashville. Never been there. Looking for a place to rent with 1or 2 roommates. I have a vehicle, no pets, no children, no drama! Which areas/apartment complexes should I avoid as I search for places to live? Any recommendations? I am college educated and quiet but friendly. From the bits I've read about Nashville, I think East Nashville is most suitable for me but am open to wherever is safe and well kept. (I hate cockroaches)
Thanks, Brandy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 05:13 AM

337 posts, read 448,298 times
budget? job?

Old 02-27-2018, 08:12 PM

1,683 posts, read 810,688 times
I would avoid Antioch and Madison no matter how low the rent is.

East Nashville is "trendy" and all... but still can be dangerous.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:33 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeHoyal View Post

lately Green Hills isn't much better

Old 02-28-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
lately Green Hills isn't much better
Green Hills might not be worth the exorbitant rent or house prices... but most other parts of town are not even in the same universe with it. To pretend so is patently disingenuous.

Occasionally, criminals from other areas will wander in there to perpetrate crimes... but at least you won't get car-jacked by somebody living on your street.

Lots of crime maps out there to look at... pick one (or more)
https://www.google.com/search?q=crim...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Old 02-28-2018, 10:02 AM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
I would avoid Antioch and Madison no matter how low the rent is.

I agree. Those areas are dumps.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:22 AM

At least Antioch will make a comeback after Ikea and all that other shopping opens up in a few years. Madison is getting worse every day. It's become a real hotbed for car-jackings.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:07 AM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
At least Antioch will make a comeback after Ikea and all that other shopping opens up in a few years. Madison is getting worse every day. It's become a real hotbed for car-jackings.
Century Farms and the Starwood development will be nice, but the areas around HHM and Nolensville road need major improvements.

Old 03-02-2018, 08:59 AM

815 posts, read 2,017,065 times
Please don't let the "avoid Antioch" scare you and cause you to waist your money moving to places more expensive and less safe.
How much are you willing to pay? How far from the core of the city do you wish to be?

It's not cheap in Nashville/Davidson county, even in Antioch, however, you can find a very nice place in Antioch ranging from $800-$1100, 1 bed room. Of coarse more for 2 or 3 bedrooms. There are a few brand new complexes far out in Antioch that start at about $11/1200 for a one bedroom. One I really like is called The Reserve at Oakleigh. It's 3 minutes from Percy Priest Lake, 5 minutes from Long Hunter State Park, 12 minutes from Providence Mall in Mt. Juliet. The is also a new one on Old Hickory Blvd. right before the Rutherford County line, Vintage at Burkitt Station, 1 minute from I-24, 25 minutes from downtown Nashville with out traffic, about 10 minutes from shops in Smryna. Whetstone Flats is also brand new located on Bell Rd. in the Cane Ridge portion of Antioch. 10 minutes from Brentwood area. There at also a few other new, built with in the past 8 years in the Antioch area as well. Even along the Bell Rd. stretch the apartments are 20-25 years old but still very well kept and updated recently. Prices are in the $800-900 range, may even find a few in the $700 range.
WARNING: Anything advertised as being in Antioch that is on Harding Place, Nolensville Rd. or even Antioch Pike (37211 zip) are not really in Antioch and you will notice a difference. Not saying don't do it, but go check it out for yourself. The 37217 zip is not Antioch either but is very close to Antioch, the Priest Lake portion which boarders Antioch is very nice, though Apartments aren't as new.
Hermitage apartments are very similar in price to Antioch but not as many to choose from.
I would not be quick at all to rent from an apartment in East Nashville. You can find some really cheap, $600-800 range, maybe lower, but trust me, you won't want to be there. Then you will find condos that are ridiculously over priced, too.
If you ever have the opportunity to visit before your move please check out all areas for yourself. It would be the best advice I can give you.

Old 03-06-2018, 05:53 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
EN covers 3 zip codes, it's not ALL bad.

You won't find apartments in the 600 dollar range or cheaper.
That ship sailed years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville