Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 08:37 AM

382 posts, read 488,318 times

Advertisements

This thread took a weird dive fairly quickly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 09:14 AM

266 posts, read 245,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
For the third time in a five-month stretch, Nashville has the lowest unemployment rate of any of the nation's large metro areas.

Newly released government data pegged Greater Nashville's unemployment rate at 2.7 percent for the month of February. That is the smallest jobless rate of the 51 metro areas with populations exceeding 1 million people, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The San Francisco metro area had the second-lowest rate, at 2.9 percent.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...te-in-the.html

https://www.bls.gov/web/metro/laummtrk.htm
I believe it, we moved here from CT back in November. My husband is in a fairly specialized field, and I am surprised at the turnover at his employer.

I started applying to jobs about 6 weeks ago, and started my new job 2 weeks ago. I had no problem securing employment.

I feel like there is a help wanted sign everywhere I go, especially retail/restaurants.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:26 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times
That is good to know. However, I will be searching for a job in my field. Income is income. I am fearful of losing any of my savings. I also do not want to take the wrong job.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
How old are you goodlife?
Why?

Old 06-04-2018, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
there guy taking my order completely messed it up and had scabs on his arms that looked like meth use.
Gross. I thought that stuff was smoked. The guy who delivers my gyro does not look right but he is quick and courteous.

I also worked with a really smart guy who also did not look right. He did not last long.

I do not know about some of these millenials today. The ones I worked with were subpar. I also worked for a crappy company. Perhaps the smart ones knew to stay away from that cesspool.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereoutthere15 View Post
This thread took a weird dive fairly quickly...
Yes, it is encouraging but the numbers do not state the types of jobs people are attaining. Are they professional jobs? pay?

I actually received a lead for a job in another state offering relocation assistance. I have never heard of such a thing. There weren't many jobs advertised on indeed.com for the area.

I want to try Nashville because it meets my requirements but I am game. I am transitioning not building.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:18 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Why?
It could have an outcome on the job you get.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:25 AM

I am not a millenial and I am not a senior citizen. Ageism exists. It is not the only "ism" that concerns me.

I plan to move to Franklin and hopefully land the right opportunity in Franklin or near by suburbs. Real estate in a good neighborhood is more attainable.

I was pleased with the meet up groups in Franklin. I may actually have a social life. Lol!

Old 06-04-2018, 12:31 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I am not a millenial and I am not a senior citizen. Ageism exists. It is not the only "ism" that concerns me.

I plan to move to Franklin and hopefully land the right opportunity in Franklin or near by suburbs. Real estate in a good neighborhood is more attainable.

I was pleased with the meet up groups in Franklin. I may actually have a social life. Lol!

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: