Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 05:14 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,931 times

Advertisements

None of this surprises me.. my girlfriends back in our late 20s used to joke "Please don't ask me to be a bridesmaid, I can't afford it". (and we all had "good" jobs). 15 years ago it wasn't uncommon for a bachelorette weekend to be in Vegas or some beach destination. Nashville is just the new "IT" location for these parties.

Personally I cuss every time I get stuck behind a pedal tavern but then I look at all the growth downtown that is a direct result of tourism. When we first moved in Nashville none of our friends came to Nashville on vacations, now I regularly have friends in town from all over the country.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:57 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times

Old 06-27-2018, 10:46 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,079,965 times
I used to live about 1.5 hours from Nashville and visited very often. I don't understand why people get all pissy about the bachelorette parties. You're in a major bar-hopping district and don't want to run into people that are loud and obnoxious??? Good luck with that. I'm sure there are plenty of quiet bars to go to in other parts of Nashville.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:04 PM

93 posts, read 74,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
And you live in East Nashville? The neighborhood is full of these types.
Actually the East Side has been the "creative class" for along time. Lot's of bohemians, artists, poets, musicians, writers, actors, liberals, progressives, etc. Many are young married couples. Yes, there are some of privilege, but most do not fall into this spoiled brat crowd who spends daddy's money on bachelorette parties.

East Nashville hates the bachelorette parties. At least I don't throw them out of bars like many of the bar owners do1

At 5 Spot one night, I was watching a friend do all of his original material. Some bachelorette party came in and started heckling for cover tunes. My friend said they could have cover tunes on Lower Broadway! Most of the crowd, age 40+, laughed. The girls did not stay long. Good Riddance.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
I think tourists think Nashville is like a more wholesome Las Vegas and it is closer for Midwest and Southern people to visit here.
You are correct. As with Country Music in general. Nashville and Country Music are seen as safe compared to the culture of Vegas and Miami.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
This is what is amazing to me.

Me as well MJ. I spent years in the hotel business. Ten girls in rooms at $400 a night, plus food, drinks, et. al. I have heard those figures are very common.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:36 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505ChurchStreet View Post
Actually the East Side has been the "creative class" for along time. Lot's of bohemians, artists, poets, musicians, writers, actors, liberals, progressives, etc. Many are young married couples. Yes, there are some of privilege, but most do not fall into this spoiled brat crowd who spends daddy's money on bachelorette parties.

East Nashville hates the bachelorette parties. At least I don't throw them out of bars like many of the bar owners do1

At 5 Spot one night, I was watching a friend do all of his original material. Some bachelorette party came in and started heckling for cover tunes. My friend said they could have cover tunes on Lower Broadway! Most of the crowd, age 40+, laughed. The girls did not stay long. Good Riddance.
You're a bar owner ?

Old 06-27-2018, 03:40 PM

Quote:
You're a bar owner ?

Not currently. I was involved in the music scene going back to 1978 when I was 15 and working for friends in various venues.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:18 PM

359 posts, read 320,179 times
Quote:

Oh brother..

Old 06-28-2018, 12:20 PM

359 posts, read 320,179 times
Quote:
You're a bar owner ?
Quote:
Not currently. I was involved in the music scene going back to 1978 when I was 15 and working for friends in various venues.
But you said "At least I don't throw them out...", as in present tense - not "didn't throw them out" as in past tense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville