Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:40 AM

187 posts, read 610,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher2Be View Post
I made it here Going to be 70 today - wow!!!!

Tomorrow I unpack my POD thingy, it'll be nice to have more clothes again along with my stuff.
Happy to hear you made it!! How was the drive, did you stop at a hotel for an overnight? If so, in what city? Just getting ideas for when it's our turn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 09:37 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,336,351 times
When we moved here, we drove straight threw. It took about 12 hours from southern Columbia county in NY.
Pam

Old 04-07-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
When we moved here, we drove straight threw. It took about 12 hours from southern Columbia county in NY.
Pam
Thanks for the info

Old 04-07-2008, 04:58 PM

120 posts, read 457,661 times
You'll love M'Boro!!

Hairdresser: Tangerine on Thompson lane!!! I used several girls/guys there when I was in college and loved them all!!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:44 PM

156 posts, read 450,131 times
Thanks Emmy - I am in DESPERATE need for a haircut, so I will check them out for sure.

Momtothree - I flew down here, not sure how long it is to drive, especially with kids in the car. I think I would pull all my hair out by the time I arrived lol.

So far so good. Still confused a bit getting around town. For instance, today the police closed down ONE side of New Salem, over by Leadership Park. Of course it was MY lane they shut. Made NO sense because the fire truck was at a house on the OTHER side of the road, yet that lane was able to travel through just fine. I was shaking my head at that one. Had to turn around and figure out another route to get to where I was going.

I'll figure it out eventually....

Old 04-09-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks Emmy - I am in DESPERATE need for a haircut, so I will check them out for sure.

Momtothree - I flew down here, not sure how long it is to drive, especially with kids in the car. I think I would pull all my hair out by the time I arrived lol.

So far so good. Still confused a bit getting around town. For instance, today the police closed down ONE side of New Salem, over by Leadership Park. Of course it was MY lane they shut. Made NO sense because the fire truck was at a house on the OTHER side of the road, yet that lane was able to travel through just fine. I was shaking my head at that one. Had to turn around and figure out another route to get to where I was going.

Sounds like you need a navigation system I know I will when I get there

Old 04-09-2008, 06:08 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,952,955 times
Quote:
I made it here Going to be 70 today - wow!!!!

Tomorrow I unpack my POD thingy, it'll be nice to have more clothes again along with my stuff.
Happy you made it okay. After the pod unpack, have you had anytime to explore the boro some more?

Old 04-09-2008, 06:11 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,952,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2three View Post
Happy to hear you made it!! How was the drive, did you stop at a hotel for an overnight? If so, in what city? Just getting ideas for when it's our turn
We drove all the way to Chattanooga and then got tired. haha! We stayed the night at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Holiday Inn. It was pretty cool. The lobby is awesome. It was train station at one time.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,967,669 times
Quote:
Don't be so sure

But seriously, the streets here can't be more confusing. Hardly anything runs north/south or east/west.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
We drove all the way to Chattanooga and then got tired. haha! We stayed the night at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Holiday Inn. It was pretty cool. The lobby is awesome. It was train station at one time.

Hi Kim. Where did you relocate from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville