Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 03:38 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
The former first lady will be bringing her book tour to Nashville on May 12th. Have to say this is a breath of Fresh air...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ur/2274432002/

https://wreg.com/2018/12/11/former-f...-to-nashville/

And...............about five people are going to attend and maybe even get a meaningless autograph. Much ado about nothing.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:10 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,510,011 times
Everyone needs to know that the ones who are dividing Americans primarily reside in the news media and those who benefit from their blocking-and-tackling. I listen to radio news in my travels around the Southeast and cannot believe the bias! They're not objective. That said, I think it's quite funny how this book event is charging $100 for the opportunity to buy a book. We all know, if Mrs. Obama were of a different political party, that would be the single "criminal" thing about her visit.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:16 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,743,229 times
Seems like the only time they pay attention to Tennessee is when they need your vote, or want your money.

And that's both parties.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:35 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Do you think we can start a containment thread for all of the inane/vapid news stories that an Atlanta poster likes to post in the Nashville forum? I mean, if people are excited about Michelle Obama's book signing and want to go see her, neat. But couldn't we just sticky a thread with a link to the Tennessean to cover most of the insignificant news that doesn't warrant a new thread?

I mean, aside from the insult of thinking that a Tennessean article is worth the bandwidth it takes up, do we really need outsiders keeping us up-to-date on what is happening....here? I noticed Atlanta poster did not post that Michelle Obama's book tour is coming to......Atlanta.....the day before.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:55 AM

2,427 posts, read 2,477,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
Do you think we can start a containment thread for all of the inane/vapid news stories that an Atlanta poster likes to post in the Nashville forum? I mean, if people are excited about Michelle Obama's book signing and want to go see her, neat. But couldn't we just sticky a thread with a link to the Tennessean to cover most of the insignificant news that doesn't warrant a new thread?

I mean, aside from the insult of thinking that a Tennessean article is worth the bandwidth it takes up, do we really need outsiders keeping us up-to-date on what is happening....here? I noticed Atlanta poster did not post that Michelle Obama's book tour is coming to......Atlanta.....the day before.
Didn't think it really mattered where some one posted truth be told, I see a lot of people posting from cities in Texas, up north and every where else here and in other forums so I don't get it. If you would like to know why I post in the Nashville forum so much, may be I'm a big fan of the City, Visit like every month, keep up with Nashville local new and plan to move there, so there you have it. I may be from Georgia but I'm not a big fan of Atlanta or Georgia at the moment for many many reason including politics Soooo... Sorry that's a problem for you... I'm sure some one will find the time to post her coming in the Atlanta Thread.. Is every thing people do on C-D analyzed instead of just commenting on subject's or is some of the nick picking just by design to cause unnecessary confusion. I get it though and going to keep the drama to a min,,, smh

Old 12-12-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Seems like the only time they pay attention to Tennessee is when they need your vote, or want your money.

And that's both parties.

Now i can agree with this and that's everywhere, not isolated to Tennessee... Politics at it's best my friend!!!

Old 12-12-2018, 06:08 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
And...............about five people are going to attend and maybe even get a meaningless autograph. Much ado about nothing.

This will sell out in less than an hour.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:30 AM

110 posts, read 192,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post

This will sell out in less than an hour.
Like I mentioned earlier, there's a sucker born every second. Just wait a month and get it on Amazon for $1. But, to each his own. That's what I love about this great country, people are free to be as stupid as they like.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:04 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,084,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd522 View Post
Like I mentioned earlier, there's a sucker born every second. Just wait a month and get it on Amazon for $1. But, to each his own. That's what I love about this great country, people are free to be as stupid as they like.
Or free to do whatever they want with their money. Or free to call other people stupid online. The freedoms are endless.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Or free to do whatever they want with their money. Or free to call other people stupid online. The freedoms are endless.

This is True!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville