Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 11:19 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,431,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomandjerry45 View Post
Perhaps Charlie Daniels (Mt. Juliet) and Taylor Swift (Hendersonville) need to have a sing off. The loser fully funds a bridge connecting both cities at Old Hickory Lake. The winner has the bridge named after them and our commuting hearts forever! 😂😂😂
Then I put all my money on the man who beat the Devil to win the golden fiddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelhound View Post
The train is only good for a work commute, they have no late night trains back in. Then unless you actually work near the train downtown, you still have to cab it. The train is operating at a loss. Nobody uses it, and they aren't going to develop it properly. Don't make it sound like people can actually USE the train, unless thier house is within walking distance. This isn't a big city. You still have to get in your car to get to the train.

As far as I'm concered, neither of those places is Nashville anyway. I came here to live in Nashville, and that's where I live. As far as I'm concerned is the only real Nashville is Nashville, the rest is what it is. The BURBS.
Hate to sound snarky here, but I have some issues with the generalization that the Star is only useful if you can walk to the train and no one uses it. Yes, you are right, you have to drive to the train lot to park and then ride it in. For those that use it, this is still far more convenient (and less stressful) than sitting in traffic into downtown. Such is the case in many much larger cities who have proper commuter rail. It's not a bus route that picks you up a block away from your house, it's commuter rail.

I do agree with you that more is needed to make it viable, and certainly if you don't work within 6-8 blocks of the downtown stop, it is not a super-attractive option. You might have to consider using the bus system or having a longer walk. And clearly if you work at Vanderbilt (as an example) the Star isn't really an option without BRT or some other type of efficient transit to that part of town. Weekends...sure, I think there could be a market for weeknight runs into downtown but I'm sure the folks running the Star have explored that option.

Glad you're in Nashville and that you think so much of it. Lots of us live just outside the city and work there, many of us our whole lives, and don't consider "THE BURBS" to be quite so homogeneous as you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2019, 07:14 PM

32 posts, read 61,519 times
Default Hendersonville Vs Mount Juliet

We are a family of four looking to relocate to Nashville area. We are looking to for a 4 bedroom house 420 and below. We like both Hendersonville and Mount Juliet. We are currently coming from Chicago so we want something that has lots of kid friendly things ( they are 5 and 7). My husband works from home and occasionally travels for work. We are looking for thoughts on both areas and what neighbors do you suggest in these areas?

Old 10-28-2019, 07:16 PM

42 posts, read 85,008 times
Default Hendersonville

We like Hendersonville,nice parks. Nice people doesn’t seem as congested as mount Juliet. Very good police dept here. We moved here from St. Charles in Illinois in 2005

Old 10-28-2019, 07:17 PM

32 posts, read 61,519 times
That is where we currently live in Chicago. What are your favorite neighborhoods

Old 10-28-2019, 07:23 PM

125 posts, read 147,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernerscotty View Post
Nice people doesn’t seem as congested as mount Juliet.
It's only congested by outdoor mall area(Providence), which is where everybody goes. The other parts of city are rarely congested. You can't really go wrong with either. Hendersonville is about 20,000 larger than MJ but MJ is closer to airport and probably downtown as well. Both have lake recreation and ample shopping opportunities. Mt. Juliet is pricier than H-ville in terms of housing. H-ville has more activities as it is bigger.

Good neighborhoods in Mt. Juliet
Jackson Hills (gigantic pool, canoe launch, wiggle ball field, greenways and next to MJHS)

Wright Farms ( larger lots, nice pool and 400k is the minimum where houses start)

Baird Farms ( new homes, future pool, greenways, close to shopping)

Kelsey Glen (homes in upper 300's and up, nice pool, greenways, quiet area)

Nichols Vale (next to new high school, in older section of MJ, homes 300k-575k)

Breckenridge (estate homes 400k to 1.5 mil)

Savannah Point (right on lake and meant beach upper 400's to millions)

Old 10-28-2019, 07:24 PM

42 posts, read 85,008 times
Anywhere near long hollow is very nice,bigger lots good schools. Scottish highlands real nice area. Beech schools are good. Most of the schools are pretty good. Sometimes a bit more churchy then I like but not a big deal. Cost of living is much more affordable. Food isn’t as good as Chicago area but it’s been getting better. Big culture shock when we moved here but it’s growing and changing. Lots of nice ranches to look at. Beautiful in country. If u need any questions answered just ask,happy to help

Good luck,don’t look back!

Old 10-28-2019, 11:06 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,709,207 times
Campione's Taste of Chicago restaurant is building an additional place in Goodlettsville/Hendersonville area on Long Hollow Pike. That in itself is the best reason to be in Hendersonville. Their Italian Beef's and Red Hots are the real deal.

https://www.campionestasteofchicago.com

Old 10-29-2019, 05:52 PM

381 posts, read 483,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
Campione's Taste of Chicago restaurant is building an additional place in Goodlettsville/Hendersonville area on Long Hollow Pike. That in itself is the best reason to be in Hendersonville. Their Italian Beef's and Red Hots are the real deal.

https://www.campionestasteofchicago.com
Went to the one in Gallatin years back and the food was fantastic.

Old 05-03-2020, 06:34 AM

109 posts, read 397,164 times
Default Mt Juliet vs Hendersonville

This past week, my wife and I spent 3-4 days in Nashville with a realtor looking around the different areas. We spent time in Franklin, Brentwood, Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville for the most part and really narrowed down our choices to Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville.

We do not have children, and work from home so schools (important for resale) and commute do not matter as much. What does matter are a number of things including stuff around to do (eating and shopping) as well as overall feel of the community.

Mount Juliet and the Providence section really sparked our interest first. Looked at homes in Baird Farms and have found a few online in neighborhoods like Reserve in Providence. Being that our home has some specific needs (and of course wants) these fit.

The next day we drove to Hendersonville and looked there. So much green was impressive and the areas around Indian Lake really stood out. As did some of the newer areas closer to the Target shopping center, which if I was a betting man, I would say gets built up with retail as well. One neighborhood we just loved was Blue Ridge, as the homes were fantastic and the location seemed excellent (but what do we know haha). Although there is a train behind the neighborhood and are trying to find out if you can hear it and how often.

There were a few other neighborhoods in Hendersonville we looked at, but were warned about the force and sound from the quarry and I am not sure I am okay with that.

If you have made it this far, here we go. After leaving Hendersonville on Day 2, we were 70/30 that was the place. We had dinner later that night back in Mt. Juliet and after driving back into the area were more 55/45 Hendersonville. Then after looking around online back home at different houses, we are back to 50/50.

So please help. Offer your opinions on the pros and cons of each in its current state and moving forward. We have never lived in TN, but love the taxes, the demographics and the sense of community we heard from a number of people.

I look forward to responses and thank you in advance.

Last edited by JMT; 05-03-2020 at 11:08 AM..

Old 05-03-2020, 11:34 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,709,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereoutthere15 View Post
Went to the one in Gallatin years back and the food was fantastic.
The same owners, new location. They buy their food from Chicago and is shipped here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville