U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 08:18 AM

4 posts, read 3,429 times

Advertisements

Considering a move from MN for a new job and warmer climate. Right now I have all of what I mentioned in my title: I can be downtown within 30 min, I am 10 minutes from the marina where I store my boat, and my kids go to one of the top schools in the state.

My job is sales related so I can usually schedule my day around rush hour and work from home if necessary, so 7am commute times, for example, aren’t a concern. I’m trying to determine where I can have all 3 options listed above that are important to me and my family. It looks like Mt Juliet might make sense? Hard to tell looking on maps though if it’s a safe or nice place.

Proximity to a few good restaurants and bars would be nice too. Right now I’m in an area where there’s a lot of new development so things are improving on that front but usually I’m driving 15-20 min to get to a good restaurant (read: not a chain).

Is Mt Juliet area a good target based on this info? Thanks!
Rate this post positively

Old 02-09-2019, 08:41 AM

49,990 posts, read 49,864,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoboscratch View Post
Considering a move from MN for a new job and warmer climate. Right now I have all of what I mentioned in my title: I can be downtown within 30 min, I am 10 minutes from the marina where I store my boat, and my kids go to one of the top schools in the state.

My job is sales related so I can usually schedule my day around rush hour and work from home if necessary, so 7am commute times, for example, aren’t a concern. I’m trying to determine where I can have all 3 options listed above that are important to me and my family. It looks like Mt Juliet might make sense? Hard to tell looking on maps though if it’s a safe or nice place.

Proximity to a few good restaurants and bars would be nice too. Right now I’m in an area where there’s a lot of new development so things are improving on that front but usually I’m driving 15-20 min to get to a good restaurant (read: not a chain).

Is Mt Juliet area a good target based on this info? Thanks!
What is your housing budget?

Old 02-09-2019, 08:49 AM

Good question. I’d say 500k max

Old 02-09-2019, 09:03 AM

2,887 posts, read 6,027,681 times
Mount Juliet or Hendersonville.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:56 AM

We’ll be going down and visiting in about a month. Any areas around there which are a bit seedy? As Mt Juliet is due east, is there anything anyone is missing out on by being on the East side? The airport is nearby which I prefer since I’ll travel a bit for work. What about in terms of cool places to go and things to do? Any hiking, mountain biking, good parks nearby those areas? Festivals, music venues, etc?

Old 02-09-2019, 11:29 AM

125 posts, read 93,836 times
You can't go wrong with Hendersonville or Mt. Juliet. Both have great park systems in area. You're about a 20 min. drive to Grand Ole Opry from both. Long Hunter State Park is a pretty nice state park that has hiking, mountain biking, and a few small beach areas. A small hot air balloon festival is at the park in MJ and Halloween in the Patk draws 1,000's of people. Hendersonville is a very lake-centric community. It has a very nice shopping center called Indian Lakes lots and lots of lake properties, some in the multi-million dollar category. Mt Juliet has Providence shopping center with very nice lake homes as well and also some multi-million dollar properties. In my opinion, Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville are very nice wealthy upper-middle class communities.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:00 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,717,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomandjerry45 View Post
In my opinion, Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville are very nice wealthy upper-middle class communities.
I wouldn't call MJ or Hendersonville "upper" middle class. They're really nice but they're a level under Brentwood and a lot of Franklin. And I say that as a native of MJ.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:30 PM

125 posts, read 93,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I wouldn't call MJ or Hendersonville "upper" middle class. They're really nice but they're a level under Brentwood and a lot of Franklin. And I say that as a native of MJ.
I would classify Brentwood upper class and Franklin mostly upper class/upper middle class. Mt. Juliet and Hendersonville would be on the next tier what ever that designation would be. Maybe "upper middle class" isn't correct category. I guess I was just trying to say they're really nice areas as you stated as well.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:17 AM

3,813 posts, read 7,539,740 times
If having a reasonable commute to the airport is a major concern, I would favor MtJ over Hendersonville. I also think both are pushing the limits of a 30 minute downtown commute. 30 min would be the minimum commute for most parts of MtJ and certainly Hendersonville at least based on my experience. That said, there's really no other area I can think of with lake access that is going to be less than 30 mins commute so that is something you might have to just get used to I'm afraid.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:35 PM

Thanks for the responses everyone. Yeah we are a little spoiled living in MN with lake access. Probably have to do some heavy evaluation on what’s most important to be happy day in/day out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville