Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 667 times

Advertisements

Hello!

As the title suggests, I'm trying to get some information about good neighborhoods around Vanderbilt University, areas where someone could get a studio apartment for around $1,000/mo. or under.

I'm asking for a friend of mine who is a South Korean doctor. She has been accepted by Vanderbilt University for a postdoc research position.

She's a South Korean citizen, so this would be quite a move for her. Due to this, I'm hoping to find her some options for housing within walking or short bus distance away from the Vanderbilt campus so that she doesn't have to get a car right away (if it's even possible to go without a car there).

I found decent websites on the subject. The sites listed neighborhoods very near Vanderbilt such as Midtown, Hillsboro Village, and Belmont.

Any thoughts about what her options might be? Any quick insights or advice from your experience or local knowledge, especially if you know about any good, secure, student-oriented apartment buildings that are in the area?

Thank you very much for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 03:24 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,549,815 times
I saw a sign for apartments on West End/Harding across from St. Thomas that were advertising for $1k/mo. There is regular bus service and walking distance to Publix/Kroger.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:40 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
There is a Korean graduate students association at Vandy from which she could get advice and find friends:

https://anchorlink.vanderbilt.edu/or...arsassociation

Old 04-06-2019, 04:44 PM

4 posts, read 4,556 times
Default Try the Barbizon

The Barbizon is owned by Vanderbilt University and managed by a third party company. All of their apartments are studios and most of the people who live there are graduate+ students. I think the rent is between 1000-1200. Its also in walking distance to campus so no need to pay for parking or move your car. Its also close to a ton of restaurants which is pretty cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville