U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2019, 12:05 AM

1,058 posts, read 303,721 times

Advertisements

Ever since the beginning of 2017, I have been wanting and looking for a boyfriend. I live in the Cookeville, TN area and am about an hour from Nashville and Murfreesboro.

However, everywhere I've looked in Cookeville - the local PFLAG chapter, groups pertaining to my interests of art/gaming, and even Upper Cumberland Pride - I've found no guys that were young and attractive enough, except one at Pride this year that wasn't interested in even meeting me. I've still not found any good youth groups in Nashville and Murfreesboro either except one that will only let in people 14 and under (I'm 16), and there's only so much I could do to meet people at Nashville Pride or Murfreesboro Pride if they only happen once a year and last for a single weekend.

I know I could try things that don't necessarily pertain mostly to the LGBT community (I could make more good friends in the process too), but that hasn't worked either. The gaming and art group I used to go to, although very open-minded, was way too small and rarely got new attendants. I'm not interested in sports or theater and never have been. Despite having the required willpower, I cannot bring myself to approach anyone I see in a store because something feels wrong about it. Also, parks are likely to get me nowhere because they're simply not crowded and popular enough. I couldn't just approach people as I'm walking on the street, either, because I'm half an hour away from even Cookeville (which isn't full of pedestrians regardless) by driving the speed limit (and subtracting for curves and traffic), and that goes up to a full hour with Nashville and Murfreesboro.

I don't know what to do. I've even asked my friends periodically (not too often because I don't want to push them away), but all other LGBT people they claim to know are girls and/or well into their adulthood, and I've even had to block a few friends for being rude about it and/or attempting to discourage me. I'm homeschooled, but because no guys at Cookeville High, Jackson County High or Upperman High seem to be out (my friends would probably know if they were), that isn't likely to make a difference.

I'd be willing to date someone up to two hours away, but I'd prefer within an hour and twenty minutes. Any advice on where to look would be very helpful. Thank you in advance!
Rate this post positively

Old 07-06-2019, 12:32 AM

16,768 posts, read 13,926,832 times
There’s a member here that’s gay/BI looking to hook up that lives near your area. He just broke up with his disabled gf.

Nvm, you’re underage, bro.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:05 AM

50,000 posts, read 48,217,428 times
It sounds like you've done more than most. Frankly I would wait until you get to college. Where you live is not the most progressive area, and I think it would be best to keep up the friendships you've developed and plan to attend a large university with an active LGBTQ organization.

Even UT Knoxville would be better than where you are now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or