Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 06:19 AM

4 posts, read 5,532 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody!

I will be relocating to Nashville this upcoming Fall, and was hoping to hear some feedback as to which areas in Nashville (downtown to Vanderbilt Medical Campus) I should definitely NOT look into renting. I am a female in my late 20s, and due to work schedules, I will probably be arriving home after sunset most days of the week, and will be commuting through public transportation the first few months. I want to rent in an area in which I won't feel nervous about doing that. Any neighborhoods you would recommend looking into? I am hoping I can keep my rent to less than $1300 for a studio or 1BR/1BA apartment.

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-09-2019, 01:30 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Quote:
commuting through public transportation
rent to less than $1300 for a studio
The two above REALLY limit you a lot. Looking at map, I would stick to Broadway and south in a pie shape to I440 and back to I65. Neighborhoods of Hillsboro/West End, West End Park, Music Row, Gulch. Also, any of the newer places out on Charlotte Ave. between 26th and 45th or the new places on 8th Avenue (Melrose). Stay away from any street north of Charlotte.

Upping your budget even $100/month would open up more places.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:52 AM

384 posts, read 229,196 times
I was just looking at a crime mapping site sourced info from Nashville Metro Davidson County Gov. and noticed there were clusters of crime in three "south Nashville" areas.

One was in the Harding Place/Antioch Pike area up to McCall Street. One was Bell Road all the way from Nolensville Rd. to Murf. Rd. And then there is a very dense area of crime shown in the Nashboro Village area. Way too much than a small area like that should have.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:57 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeMed View Post
I was just looking at a crime mapping site sourced info from Nashville Metro Davidson County Gov. and noticed there were clusters of crime in three "south Nashville" areas.

One was in the Harding Place/Antioch Pike area up to McCall Street. One was Bell Road all the way from Nolensville Rd. to Murf. Rd. And then there is a very dense area of crime shown in the Nashboro Village area. Way too much than a small area like that should have.
Antioch is an area to avoid. It is crime ridden and not safe after dark. There are a lot of apartment complexes and riff raff on Bell Road in particular. Harding is known for drugs and prostitution.

Old 07-27-2019, 03:42 PM

4 posts, read 8,689 times
Nashville has changed a lot in the last 5 years since I lived there. Do not go north of Charlotte Pike or East by the Airport. Stay away from apts in Metro Center, Bordeux or Antioch. I agree with the warnings in this post. That said they do seem to be the most affordable -some on Bell road right off of 24 might be ok if you never go out after dark. There are shooting and day time rapes in that area because of the violent teens. Bellvue west/and south west are the safest. I would not ride public transit after dark if you work and go to school near Vande try to get something close to Vande and Uber home. Wish I could suggest better but since the Republican Governor the crime in Nashville had soared.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:16 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynza_FL View Post
Nashville has changed a lot in the last 5 years since I lived there. Do not go north of Charlotte Pike or East by the Airport. Stay away from apts in Metro Center, Bordeux or Antioch. I agree with the warnings in this post. That said they do seem to be the most affordable -some on Bell road right off of 24 might be ok if you never go out after dark. There are shooting and day time rapes in that area because of the violent teens. Bellvue west/and south west are the safest. I would not ride public transit after dark if you work and go to school near Vande try to get something close to Vande and Uber home. Wish I could suggest better but since the Republican Governor the crime in Nashville had soared.
Maybe you should let the people who actually live here give true information.

Do not go north of Charlotte Pike - Ridiculous. There are $1 million houses and many decent neighborhoods "north of Charlotte Pike"

Stay away from apts in Metro Center - Again riidiculous. There are two new apt. complexes in MC and another being built. Lots of businesses have moved or are moving there.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:29 AM

815 posts, read 2,017,065 times
I see y’all are still posting this false information about Antioch, knowing nothing about it. I guess we forgot about the innocent man who was stabbed to death and wife hurt in Sylvan Park? What about the man who had a knife put to his throat and was told this would be his last day living in Bellevue a few weeks ago? The suspect thought he was a drug dealer...What about the drive by shooting in Hendersonville where the guy thought his target lived in the house he shot at? What about the shoot out in Donelson on Stewart’s Ferry where a stray bullet struck at person at Cracker Barrel...There was also a shooting in Hermitage at a hotel a few days before that..all this stuff happened within the past 2 months...I could go on...don’t sit there and act like Antioch is so crime ridden while every other part of Nashville has had much worse stuff occur...

Old 07-29-2019, 10:15 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
I see y’all are still posting this false information about Antioch, knowing nothing about it. I guess we forgot about the innocent man who was stabbed to death and wife hurt in Sylvan Park? What about the man who had a knife put to his throat and was told this would be his last day living in Bellevue a few weeks ago? The suspect thought he was a drug dealer...What about the drive by shooting in Hendersonville where the guy thought his target lived in the house he shot at? What about the shoot out in Donelson on Stewart’s Ferry where a stray bullet struck at person at Cracker Barrel...There was also a shooting in Hermitage at a hotel a few days before that..all this stuff happened within the past 2 months...I could go on...don’t sit there and act like Antioch is so crime ridden while every other part of Nashville has had much worse stuff occur...
This is true. It's not just Antioch, it's everywhere. Even the suburbs.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:40 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
https://fox17.com/news/local/is-anti...s-conversation

https://www.wsmv.com/news/davidson_c...9992cf3ea.html

https://www.wsmv.com/news/two-adults...bd94ef062.html

https://www.wsmv.com/news/man-found-...2754f8d41.html

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ng/1852107001/

https://www.wsmv.com/news/police-ant...a789b9f6a.html

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/el...led-in-antioch

Old 07-31-2019, 08:08 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
Crime is everywhere Shakeesha. We can dig up articles from all over Davidson County, and surrounding counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville