Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:21 PM

6 posts, read 115,344 times

Advertisements

Hey im moving to Nashville this summer and I'm looking at an apartment that is 1 Block from 5 points. To be specific its near Fatherland St. and S. 11th st.

Can anyone tell me what this area and the surrounding area is like?? I've never been there so feel free to be as discritive as you want!! thanks guys...new to the forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 04:39 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
Fatherland St. is in East Nashville close to Shelby Park. I used to go over to that area when I worked downtown (I would sometime have lunch in Shelby Park), but I don't get over there much anymore, so I can't help you too much.

The area in general is sort of on the lower end of the economic scale; what some people might call a working class neighborhood. It used to be considered not that nice of a place to live. However, I believe the area has improved somewhat in the last few years, especially along Fatherland and Russell Streets. It's a very convenient area if you work downtown.

I've seen a couple of posters here who live in East Nashville. If one of them finds this thread, or if you can find them, they can tell you more.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:15 PM

Thanks alleycat.....can anyone else help me out??? Is crime a problem in that area?? what type of local bussinesses can be found?? I checked out eastnashville.org and it had some info but not a whole lot. Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:39 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,739,536 times
Not really a working class neighborhood now. Nor is it the bottom of the economic scale. Home prices have appreciated nicely in East Nashville.

ADG, are you male or female? Will you be living on the ground floor or higher up?

Old 04-10-2007, 07:53 PM

I'm a 22yr old Male...the apartment I am looking at is on the Second floor of a two story apartment/condo type complex...Is that good? lol

Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 PM

Yup! LOL

Are you going to be living near the 37206 building? If protected parking is available, take it. There seems to be a rash of car burglaries lately around the 6th & Russell St area. Hopefully that will quiet down. East Nashville has its own listserv, be sure to join, ok?

There is a lot going on in the Five Points area. Plus a new Community Center, Shelby Park is nice too during the day. The downtown area is close too, we like walking downtown on the weekend.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:08 PM

awesome!

not sure about the 37206 building, I am in Michigan now but originally from kentucky I've been to nashville a few times (most recently to root for UK in the music city bowl) but never ventured over to the east side...the stadium is as close as i have been i suppose.

I had read somewhere about the car thefts/breakins becoming a problem recently so that is a good point about the secured parking.

do you have a link to where i can get to the list serve? Oh yeah just curious why is it good that im a male? i understand not really wanting to be on the ground floor for security reasons...is being a male good for the same reason or is it b/c there are several rich bachlorettes near by lol???

Also how is the bar scene near that area? sorry about all the quesitons haha

Old 04-10-2007, 08:21 PM

My daughter was recently looking for a new apartment. She usually doesn't go out at night without a friend with her. Safety in numbers.... you can't be too careful. She is Northern Indiana tho, not in Nashville. Don't mind me, just thinking like a Mom. LOL

This link lists the various list servs, be sure to sign up. (Now if you want) There is a list on Google groups now, I will get that for you later, ok?

http://eastnashville.org/g5links.html (broken link)

Old 04-10-2007, 08:25 PM

thanks artemis....you have really helped a lot!

Old 04-11-2007, 03:16 PM

29 posts, read 125,564 times
I live near 5 points, when I first moved to East Nashville it was no place you'd want to be, but now it is a very trendy upcoming area, most of the neighborhood have been renovated and there are a lot of great little eateries, pubs and boutiques down there now. Best of all it's walking distance to Downtown if you like to walk but definitely within Biking distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville