Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2020, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,669 times

Advertisements

I have a job offer for our plant that is in Ashland city. The plant is in between a Ashland city and Nashville, along the river. We have two one year olds and love nature.

Few questions:
What is the best area to live. Budget for a house is about 280k. I don’t want a crazy commute. Would like to be in an area with food schools but since our kids are only 1 it’s not a priority. Want to be able to be close to most things we need. We are in our early 30s and love outgoing cities with personality.

Is Nashville and surrounding areas gay friend? We have gotten used to our family not even getting a second notice.

Are the outdoor areas over populated? In Dallas, every hiking trail is over run by families and mountain bikers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 02:20 PM

4,338 posts, read 4,697,308 times
Joelton would work.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:27 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,481,811 times
There are some new developments along Ashland City Hwy and in NW Nashville (Cato Rd, Kings Ln, Eatons Creek Rd) that would fit your price point. A $280K budget doesn't go very far once you start going closer to town.

Some of the outdoor areas do get overrun, especially the Warner Parks and Radnor Lake. If you were to look in the areas I mentioned or Joelton, as N.Cal mentioned, you'd be pretty close to Beaman Park, which is much less congested.

Nashville is pretty LBGTQ friendly, but I will say the farther out you go, the more conservative it gets. There really isn't a 'gayborhood' in the traditional sense, but parts of Midtown, East Nashville, and Germantown have that vibe.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:56 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,245,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sburres View Post
I have a job offer for our plant that is in Ashland city. The plant is in between a Ashland city and Nashville, along the river. We have two one year olds and love nature.

Few questions:
What is the best area to live. Budget for a house is about 280k. I don’t want a crazy commute. Would like to be in an area with food schools but since our kids are only 1 it’s not a priority. Want to be able to be close to most things we need. We are in our early 30s and love outgoing cities with personality.

Is Nashville and surrounding areas gay friend? We have gotten used to our family not even getting a second notice.

Are the outdoor areas over populated? In Dallas, every hiking trail is over run by families and mountain bikers.
Ashland City would work, about 12 miles from the Nashville line. Connection via Briley Parkway takes you to West Nashville, Sylvan Park, or east to other parts of the metro area. Hwy 12 goes into North Nashville.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,669 times
Default Clarksville - Gay Friendly?

I accepted a job in Ashland City. We are seeing there are great schools and nice houses for the money. We are a little worried in that it is a military town and seems a little country that people will not be nice and accepting of my wife and I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville