U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 09:26 AM

3,718 posts, read 6,177,955 times

Advertisements

Just what we need . .

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/go...on-coronavirus

https://www.fox13now.com/news/nation...virus-in-state
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2020, 10:22 AM

6,621 posts, read 11,679,958 times
People, please don't get stupid and start raiding the grocery stores. It's a virus, not the zombie apocalypse.

Old 03-05-2020, 11:07 AM

Totally agree! WASH YOUR HANDS, particularly the finger tips where you are more likely to touch your face.

They are limiting the number of toilet paper rolls you can buy in Australia. Walmart was not cleaned out of TP yesterday but it was clear they needed to restock. What I miss is those Wet Ones - the wipes that come in a packet. They are GONE as is hand sanitizer like Purell and the 3rd party sellers on Amazon are asking an arm and a leg for it.

I never liked Purell anyway. Good old fashioned soap is enough.

Even though the stock market is very volatile, shares of P&G (toilet paper and paper towels) have been steady as is Netflix. Everyone is staying home and streaming movies.

Old 03-05-2020, 01:17 PM

2,027 posts, read 1,090,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Totally agree! WASH YOUR HANDS, particularly the finger tips where you are more likely to touch your face.

They are limiting the number of toilet paper rolls you can buy in Australia. Walmart was not cleaned out of TP yesterday but it was clear they needed to restock. What I miss is those Wet Ones - the wipes that come in a packet. They are GONE as is hand sanitizer like Purell and the 3rd party sellers on Amazon are asking an arm and a leg for it.

I never liked Purell anyway. Good old fashioned soap is enough.

Even though the stock market is very volatile, shares of P&G (toilet paper and paper towels) have been steady as is Netflix. Everyone is staying home and streaming movies.
Sanitizers are for when you don't have access to soap and water, not to replace washing your hands.

Old 03-05-2020, 03:51 PM

Grocery stores were pretty packed. Like the day before the Super Bowl packed. Mid day. I heard Costco had to call security for some sort of altercation inside the store (Franklin/Brentwood) and they had police directing parking lot traffic. Lots of people buying water but it could be for tornado relief. Went out to lunch at a restaurant in Brentwood and it was packed. So far, people don't seem to be staying home.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:30 PM

7,705 posts, read 5,749,931 times
Kroger and Walmart are sold out of sanitation products in Murfreesboro.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:00 AM

Apparently you can make your own hand sanitizer out of 2/3 cup isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol mixed with 1/3 cup aloe vera gel. Here is the recipe.

https://www.thespruce.com/make-your-...nitizer-606145

Old 03-06-2020, 08:48 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,048,197 times
I'll be glad when all this hoopla is over with (world wide not just in the US).

Old 03-06-2020, 04:01 PM

776 posts, read 794,976 times
Unless you're buy sanitizer with 60% alcohol, you're might as well not use it. Wash your hands, fingers (including your thumbs. most people forget the thumbs) and wrists for 20 secs. If you're sick keep your rear end at home. The virus is a subset of viruses that includes SARS and MERS. It's a respiratory virus. Most people that have gotten it have had mild cases. The ones that haven gotten sick or unfortunately passed are elderly and people will compromised immune systems.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:13 AM

2,354 posts, read 4,818,207 times
i know so many folks with the same symptoms as the man in Wilco. He may have been the first tested but I suspect there are a lot more cases here than people realize. I've had several friends with flu like symptoms who tested negative for the flu last month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville