Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2020, 01:51 PM

194 posts, read 190,515 times

Advertisements

I recently moved here from the Northeast for a job opportunity. I'm a guy who doesn't go out all the time, but I do enjoy having a social life and going out a few times per month. And when I say "go out," I don't mean going to get wrecked. I mean having a few drinks, listening to good music, and socializing with like-minded people. I definitely prefer a DJ (hip-hop, R&B, house, reggae, etc.) to live music, an upscale vibe, with good-looking, stylish, and successful people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s.

I walked down Broadway recently for the first time at night to see what all the hype was about. I did my research on Broadway so generally knew what to expect, but it was worse than I imagined. I was hoping I'd come across one or two non-country places in the area but didn't see anyplace worth going into. And the areas surrounding Broadway seemed like a ghost town (maybe due to COVID?). As far as the people...I felt like I was was on a another planet...or maybe another universe.

When I interviewed here earlier in the year, I went to LA Jackson in the Gulch. That was more my speed, and I was hoping others could point me in the direction of similar places (if there are any). I've heard Bar Sovereign might be good, but I haven't been there. I'm also wondering if any of the new developments around the city will bring in more upscale places to socialize.

I get that Nashville will always be country, and I don't expect that Nashville will turn into New York. But with all the people moving here from NY/NJ/CT/CA, etc. who I can't imagine are into a country scene, I would hope that the social scene will evolve. I like the area for the most part; it's just the nightlife that seems to be lacking.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 02:25 PM

592 posts, read 591,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant99 View Post
I recently moved here from the Northeast for a job opportunity. I'm a guy who doesn't go out all the time, but I do enjoy having a social life and going out a few times per month. And when I say "go out," I don't mean going to get wrecked. I mean having a few drinks, listening to good music, and socializing with like-minded people. I definitely prefer a DJ (hip-hop, R&B, house, reggae, etc.) to live music, an upscale vibe, with good-looking, stylish, and successful people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s.

I walked down Broadway recently for the first time at night to see what all the hype was about. I did my research on Broadway so generally knew what to expect, but it was worse than I imagined. I was hoping I'd come across one or two non-country places in the area but didn't see anyplace worth going into. And the areas surrounding Broadway seemed like a ghost town (maybe due to COVID?). As far as the people...I felt like I was was on a another planet...or maybe another universe.

When I interviewed here earlier in the year, I went to LA Jackson in the Gulch. That was more my speed, and I was hoping others could point me in the direction of similar places (if there are any). I've heard Bar Sovereign might be good, but I haven't been there. I'm also wondering if any of the new developments around the city will bring in more upscale places to socialize.

I get that Nashville will always be country, and I don't expect that Nashville will turn into New York. But with all the people moving here from NY/NJ/CT/CA, etc. who I can't imagine are into a country scene, I would hope that the social scene will evolve. I like the area for the most part; it's just the nightlife that seems to be lacking.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
As you've stated, a lot of places are closed due to covid19. However, there's some places that have opened or are opening back up soon. Here's a list of places I used to frequent but not as much now:

Minerva Ave
WKND
Alladins(Midtown) Hilsboro Village location closed
Lavo Lounge
Montecristo Cigar Lounge

There's a couple of others I didn't mention that tend to be a younger crowd. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 06-14-2020, 02:35 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Nashville is still not fully open, and I was surprised at how much of a ghost town it really is right now compared to its usual state.

But I like Fable Lounge:

https://fablelounge.com/

Old 06-14-2020, 02:46 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
You're going to be sadly disappointed for the most part. Most are attached to hotels and right now, most aren't back open. Here are some places that are not country. I've been to most on the list, though we are more apt to go someplace in the neighborhoods.

UP, a rooftop lounge (Fairfield Inn/Gulch)

L27 rooftop lounge (Westin/Downtown)
Urban Cowboy Public Lounge (5 Points)
Rare Bird (Noelle Hotel/Downtown)
The Bobby Rooftop Lounge (Bobby Hotel/Downtown)

Mother's Ruin (Germantown)
Green Hour Bar (Germantown)
William Collier's (Marathon Plaza)

The Back Corner at Fifth & Taylor (Germantown)

Blend Bar (Downtown)

WKND (Church Street Corridor)

For live music - check out the Scene. They list pretty much every live music happening in town. For DJs - I only have heard of Tribe and Play, two of the gay bars (but get a mixed crowd). I think at one point, FLG House had a DJ on one of the upper floors.

I think you'll have to wait for everything to reopen and then see what actually will be a viable business going forward.

Old 06-14-2020, 02:54 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
jkc2j - What do you know about Willie B's? Next to Minerva's and across from Slim & Huskie's? Hopefully they will be opening once we hit Phase 3.

https://www.thewilliebs.com/

Old 06-14-2020, 03:10 PM

592 posts, read 591,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
jkc2j - What do you know about Willie B's? Next to Minerva's and across from Slim & Huskie's? Hopefully they will be opening once we hit Phase 3.

https://www.thewilliebs.com/
I've seen this place in passing. Looks to be very new. May have to check them out once things fully reopen.

Old 06-14-2020, 04:15 PM

194 posts, read 190,515 times
All excellent feedback! Thank you. I'm making a list of places to check out once Phase 3 hits. It's good to see there are some other options.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:13 PM

3,047 posts, read 3,315,933 times
https://ryman.com/covid19/?2020-03-31-1400

The Mother Church is starting to open with the first event July 5 if you can find tickets. Most are in Aug into 2021.

Link included concerts postponed or rescheduled

If anyone bought tickets on credit money can be refunded to the card or make alternate arrangements.

For the OP need to watch the Scene for news on other venues in town. Maybe try Lightning 100 if when they sponsor a live event.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:53 PM

9 posts, read 8,381 times
I think it’s still closed due to COVID, but try Dirty Little Secret in Printer’s Alley. It’s a club with DJ (dance music, not country) , reserved tables that offer bottle service, etc. Not sure I’d consider it upscale but it’s closer to most nightclubs you find in other cities.
https://m.facebook.com/dirtylittlesecretnashville/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: