Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2020, 04:17 PM

131 posts, read 211,107 times

Advertisements

Looking for a home within 1/2 hour of SW Nashville. Price around $400,000. Franklin is safe, has the good school system (always a plus for resale), and Williamson County taxes. I don't know much about Bellevue, but it has a lot more houses in my price range. My concern is noise from the train that runs through the neighborhood and the new higher Davidson County taxes. And I don't know anything about how safe it is. Would appreciate any knowledgeable opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2020, 04:47 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,490,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everafter View Post
Looking for a home within 1/2 hour of SW Nashville. Price around $400,000. Franklin is safe, has the good school system (always a plus for resale), and Williamson County taxes. I don't know much about Bellevue, but it has a lot more houses in my price range. My concern is noise from the train that runs through the neighborhood and the new higher Davidson County taxes. And I don't know anything about how safe it is. Would appreciate any knowledgeable opinions.
The Nashville tax rate is still one of the lowest in the state. Don't get caught up on the percentage increase. The new tax rate for the Bellevue part of Nashville (GSD) is $3.788 per $100 of assessed value. The tax rate in Franklin is $2.5776 outside of the Franklin special school district and $3.2266 in the special school district (combined city & county taxes). The assessed value is 25% of the appraised value.

Overall, Bellevue is a fine suburban area of Davidson County, close to great amenities like the Ford Ice Center and the Warner Parks, with a fairly quick commute to Downtown. Crime is fairly low, and mostly concentrated around the older apartment complexes. One thing to check out is the flood maps. Part of Bellevue flooded back in 2010.

If you want to look at FEMA floodzones overlaid on parcel, check this map out: https://maps.nashville.gov/ParcelViewer/

It also has aerial imagery of the 2010 floods.

Old 09-13-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattec View Post
The Nashville tax rate is still one of the lowest in the state. Don't get caught up on the percentage increase. The new tax rate for the Bellevue part of Nashville (GSD) is $3.788 per $100 of assessed value. The tax rate in Franklin is $2.5776 outside of the Franklin special school district and $3.2266 in the special school district (combined city & county taxes). The assessed value is 25% of the appraised value.

Overall, Bellevue is a fine suburban area of Davidson County, close to great amenities like the Ford Ice Center and the Warner Parks, with a fairly quick commute to Downtown. Crime is fairly low, and mostly concentrated around the older apartment complexes. One thing to check out is the flood maps. Part of Bellevue flooded back in 2010.

If you want to look at FEMA floodzones overlaid on parcel, check this map out: https://maps.nashville.gov/ParcelViewer/

Extremely informative, mattec! Thank you. I'd like to ask the approximate area of the older apt complexes.

Old 09-13-2020, 05:18 PM

19 posts, read 20,525 times
Quote:
Part of Bellevue flooded back in 2010.

This is correct about Bellevue but Franklin certainly has flooding issues too with the Harpeth River.

Really, lots of areas of Middle TN are flood prone. Just look at what happened in Nolensville today.

Last edited by Nashvilleherewecome2020; 09-13-2020 at 05:26 PM..

Old 09-13-2020, 09:31 PM

3,037 posts, read 3,304,919 times
Here are the 10 worst neighborhoods in Nashville according to data:
Buena Vista Heights.
Cumberland Gardens.
College Heights-Clifton.
Hadley Park.
Osage-North Fisk.
Elizabeth Park.
Capitol View.
McKissack Park.

Bellevue rates as one of the best areas for safety. The part of Bellevue that flooded is close to Harpeth River.

The train is not busy enough to be concerned by the noise unless you live right on the track near a grade crossing. A better concern is to never ever stop on the track since you never know when to expect the next train.

Depending where you work Bellevue becomes an easy commute until some event blocks traffic. When there is a wreck there are few alternatives. Old Hickory makes a good route for Brentwood & the Cool Springs shopping area.

With a Sprouts and a Trader Joe nearby with Publix and remodeled Kroger you have plenty of grocery shopping opportunities. With West Nashville and the new Bellevue Place opens up other stores.

Old 09-14-2020, 03:30 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,490,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everafter View Post
Extremely informative, mattec! Thank you. I'd like to ask the approximate area of the older apt complexes.
They're mostly around Old Hickory & Hwy 70 S. There's also Creekwood at the corner of Hwy 70 S and Bellevue Rd. And when I said 'around' I should of said 'at'. I don't think there is much, if any spillover into the single family areas and even then, compared to other parts of town, the overall crime rate in Bellevue is low, as Gwoodle stated.

Old 09-14-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
The train is not busy enough to be concerned by the noise unless you live right on the track near a grade crossing. A better concern is to never ever stop on the track since you never know when to expect the next train.

Depending where you work Bellevue becomes an easy commute until some event blocks traffic. When there is a wreck there are few alternatives. Old Hickory makes a good route for Brentwood & the Cool Springs shopping area.
Thank you, this is very helpful!

Quote:
They're mostly around Old Hickory & Hwy 70 S. There's also Creekwood at the corner of Hwy 70 S and Bellevue Rd. And when I said 'around' I should of said 'at'. I don't think there is much, if any spillover into the single family areas and even then, compared to other parts of town, the overall crime rate in Bellevue is low, as Gwoodle stated.
I see that on the map now. Excellent information and I thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville