Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:30 PM

97 posts, read 245,370 times

Advertisements

I remember when my husband and I first moved to Chicago. It was June, and my first day of work, I took the bus. I can distinctly remember that it was only 80 degrees outside with no humidity. Beautiful day, right? One gentleman on the bus didn't think so! He was sweating and fanning and saying over and over, "Oh, my, it's so hot. I just can't stand this heat!" I watched him open-mouthed. I hail from southern Kentucky, and 80 degrees with no humidity there is a wonderful thing. Weather in southern Kentucky is incredibly similar to Nashville weather.

After spending two years in Chicago and experiencing two Chicago winters in comparison to many more Southern winters, I can say with some degree of confidence that Nashville winters are MUCH easier than Chicago winters. I won't miss the -30 wind chill factors or high temperatures of 0. I'll happily return to my 30 or 40 or even 50 degree highs with lows mainly in the teens and 20s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 12:25 PM

187 posts, read 611,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmill3 View Post
What's wrong with cicadas?

What are cicadas???

Old 05-10-2008, 02:13 PM

156 posts, read 451,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
My house is 2000 sq. ft. and all electric. We have 4 of us in the house and do laundry daily. Our average electric bill is about $130.00/month yearround. We keep it on about 69 degrees in the winter and 70 degrees in the summer. I don't think that is bad at all.
Ok Steve, I have to ask... Why the one degree difference? Why not set it to one for all year round? I giggled when I read the post

As for myself, I can't really state too much just yet only having lived in TN for a month now. In NY, my heat was provided via oil, and well, we know what gas prices are - so imagine heating prices! Granted, a 250 gallon tank lasted a little bit, but it was mighty costly to keep filling. Electric prices on Long Island were out of control, I think the last budget we had was paying $218 a month, each month - year round. Summers get hot and sticky in NY, so we have to use AC a bunch.

I think our monthly electric bills on our apartment are maybe $120ish? Boyfriend has lived there a few years, I only just moved in. Our costs may increase due to this nifty thing called cooking at home

Old 05-10-2008, 05:11 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,627,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher2Be View Post
Ok Steve, I have to ask... Why the one degree difference? Why not set it to one for all year round? I giggled when I read the post

As for myself, I can't really state too much just yet only having lived in TN for a month now. In NY, my heat was provided via oil, and well, we know what gas prices are - so imagine heating prices! Granted, a 250 gallon tank lasted a little bit, but it was mighty costly to keep filling. Electric prices on Long Island were out of control, I think the last budget we had was paying $218 a month, each month - year round. Summers get hot and sticky in NY, so we have to use AC a bunch.

I think our monthly electric bills on our apartment are maybe $120ish? Boyfriend has lived there a few years, I only just moved in. Our costs may increase due to this nifty thing called cooking at home

LOL....I have no idea. Ask my wife.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:43 PM

1 posts, read 630 times
We are thinking about moving to Nashville from Florida. We are native Floridians and are looking for a change of scenery. Plus, the people are so nice, the scenery is amazing, the food incredible, but the weather is a question mark. Thoughts?

Old 08-30-2017, 05:40 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,656 times
The Winters aren't warm like Florida, but they're pretty easy.

Old 08-30-2017, 07:27 PM

9 posts, read 7,725 times
I have lived in the Nashville area my entire life. I wish I could tell you that all winters here are the same or similar even. What I CAN tell you is that the most snow I've ever seen here is 7 inches and it lasted a week. That is pretty atypical. The coldest it has been is in the single digits, and that is atypical as well. Most winters here are mild, and students will go outside at school as long as the temperature is above freezing. The strange thing in Nashville is that it can literally be 65 degrees one day and snowing two days later. People here jokingly say, "If you don't like the weather here, just wait...it'll change."

More than the winters, is the heat and humidity in the summer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville