Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:20 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,890,280 times

Advertisements

AVOID MADISON AT ALL COSTS !

Hate to use all caps, however, I used to live in Madison and would soon rather die then move back. It's gotten REALLY bad over there in the last few years.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:01 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
Such as ?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:19 PM

427 posts, read 1,307,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTexan View Post
AVOID MADISON AT ALL COSTS !

Hate to use all caps, however, I used to live in Madison and would soon rather die then move back. It's gotten REALLY bad over there in the last few years.
I still live in Madison, as do several others on the forum. You're entitled to your opinion, but you don't speak for everyone who lives here.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad fiddler View Post
I still live in Madison, as do several others on the forum. You're entitled to your opinion, but you don't speak for everyone who lives here.
You can have it.

Madison used to be a decent place to live. These days everything is getting robbed. I believe just in the past few months the Walgreens at Neelys Bend was robbed, The gas station at the corner of Due West and Gallatin Rd. was robber. The Blockbuster in front of Kroger was robbed. HG Hills was robbed at Christmas and who can forget the shop keeper that lost his life for what was it ? $10 over there by Twinkies and Burger King ?

I'm not 100% what they're for but you'll notice Metro Police boxes on alot of light poles in Madison. I have no idea what they're for but they're obviously crime related.

I even forgot to mention the guys that pulled up to the apartments over there on the road by Grandslam and shot and killed that guy because he knew the guy they were looking for.

You can tell people bubble gum and lollypop stories about Madison till you're blue in the face. Madison is bad news, Anyone moving to Nashville, Mark my words.. You'll be sorry if you move into Madison.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
You can have it.

Madison used to be a decent place to live. These days everything is getting robbed. I believe just in the past few months the Walgreens at Neelys Bend was robbed, The gas station at the corner of Due West and Gallatin Rd. was robber. The Blockbuster in front of Kroger was robbed. HG Hills was robbed at Christmas and who can forget the shop keeper that lost his life for what was it ? $10 over there by Twinkies and Burger King ?

I'm not 100% what they're for but you'll notice Metro Police boxes on alot of light poles in Madison. I have no idea what they're for but they're obviously crime related.

I even forgot to mention the guys that pulled up to the apartments over there on the road by Grandslam and shot and killed that guy because he knew the guy they were looking for.

You can tell people bubble gum and lollypop stories about Madison till you're blue in the face. Madison is bad news, Anyone moving to Nashville, Mark my words.. You'll be sorry if you move into Madison.
I've lived here for five years, and the worst thing that happened to us was having the truck broken into, and that was a couple of years ago. Gallatin Pike can be rough, but Madison is a whole lot more than Gallatin Pike. Over thirty thousand people live here, and the city limits cover a large area. The overwhelming majority are law abiding, and haven't been crime victims. My neighborhood and many others in Madison are established and quiet.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but you don't live here. I do.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
You can have it.

I can remember a few years back when a guy robbed Bank of America in Brentwood about 1pm one day. Minutes later he & the police had a shoot-out in the Walgreens parking lot at Franklin Road & OHB. One of the busiest intersections in the Metro area ... The entire Maryland Farms area was on lock-down all afternoon. Helicopters overhead, the FBI, Metro police were called in....Getting out of Brentwood at quitting time was a mess, as the OHB/Franklin Road intersection was closed. Lots of bullets to pick up. Does that make Brentwood bad?

A young man was shot & killed at the carwash at Nolensville Rd & OHB just a week or so ago. Does that make that neighborhood bad?

Murfreesboro has cameras now too. Is the 'Boro a bad place?

No bubblegum and lollipop stories, but lets be honest. Crime is everywhere.
Murders in Columbia, home invasions in Laverne, etc.

I have never felt unsafe in Madison. No more than the rest of the Metro area.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis View Post
I can remember a few years back when a guy robbed Bank of America in Brentwood about 1pm one day. Minutes later he & the police had a shoot-out in the Walgreens parking lot at Franklin Road & OHB. One of the busiest intersections in the Metro area ... The entire Maryland Farms area was on lock-down all afternoon. Helicopters overhead, the FBI, Metro police were called in....Getting out of Brentwood at quitting time was a mess, as the OHB/Franklin Road intersection was closed. Lots of bullets to pick up. Does that make Brentwood bad?

A young man was shot & killed at the carwash at Nolensville Rd & OHB just a week or so ago. Does that make that neighborhood bad?

Let's mention Brentwood's serial rapist, too. And the gang problem in Franklin. Hendersonville police have noted an uptick in crime. And how about the fact that Vanderbilt accounted for half the rapes reported on all Tennessee college campuses?

They must all be bad areas, too.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:

I've been here for almost 10 years and never heard of the shooting in Brentwood, obviously crime doesn't happen as much there as it does in other areas.

Nolensville rd/4th ave./2nd ave. anywhere between Lafayette and Old Hickory are not ness. bad areas but definatly not desireable ones..

You've mentioned 2 crimes that happend SEVERAL years apart. the ones I mentioned all happend within the last year and I'm sure I missed SEVERAL.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I've been here for almost 10 years and never heard of the shooting in Brentwood, obviously crime doesn't happen as much there as it does in other areas.

Nolensville rd/4th ave./2nd ave. anywhere between Lafayette and Old Hickory are not ness. bad areas but definatly not desireable ones..

You've mentioned 2 crimes that happend SEVERAL years apart. the ones I mentioned all happend within the last year and I'm sure I missed SEVERAL.

The bank robbery in Brentwood, and the shoot-out that ensued was May 2002. Walgreens had only been open about 6 months. I'll never forget how it felt to be locked in at work, while the helicopters were buzzing overhead.

Here's a link to refresh your memory ....

Bank Robber Opens Fire - Tennessee officers confront a madman armed with an AR-15 (broken link)

Let's see, murder/suicides involving a separated couple. Husband shoots wife, then turns gun on himself.

You can dig up dirt on ANY neighborhood. Brentwood isn't exempt.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
You can dig up dirt on ANY neighborhood. Brentwood isn't exempt.
I agree 100%

But you have to admit that Madison, Antioch, and North Nashville are more prone to crime then Brentwood, Franklin, and Hendersonville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville