Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 06:23 PM

21 posts, read 23,128 times

Advertisements

Picking up a passenger in the arrival lanes surrounding the terminal at BNA is about as pleasurable as a root canal. Recently, after waiting in the postage stamp of the cell waiting lot, I got to enjoy circling the airport for 35 minutes after my sister’s flight landed. BNA unpredictability blocks off the outside arrival lane from time to time. It’s been this way post pandemic (2021) as I’ve picked up my wife, parents and other relatives from BNA. It’s miserable. My sister also said someone just pushed her aside with no apology in the airport as she was retrieving her luggage. Even though my wife and I live in Middle Tennessee, when we go to London next year, we’re driving to Atlanta to start our journey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 10:17 PM

914 posts, read 1,982,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj7543 View Post
Picking up a passenger in the arrival lanes surrounding the terminal at BNA is about as pleasurable as a root canal. Recently, after waiting in the postage stamp of the cell waiting lot, I got to enjoy circling the airport for 35 minutes after my sister’s flight landed. BNA unpredictability blocks off the outside arrival lane from time to time. It’s been this way post pandemic (2021) as I’ve picked up my wife, parents and other relatives from BNA. It’s miserable. My sister also said someone just pushed her aside with no apology in the airport as she was retrieving her luggage. Even though my wife and I live in Middle Tennessee, when we go to London next year, we’re driving to Atlanta to start our journey.
If it stresses you, don’t go to the arrival lane. Meet them in the terminal garage for pickup. You get 15-20 minutes free.

Old 06-20-2022, 09:20 PM

12 posts, read 13,958 times
when you get off of 216a and get on terminal dr, that is also the area where cell phone waiting is, and it is a ONE LANE.

not only is that the area for the cellphone area it's also where you pull out of the cell phone area and you still merge onto ONE LANE.

it's complete stupidity

Old 06-27-2022, 02:44 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,982 times
Went through BNA last month. It's a cluster ____ right now, but they're making the place a lot bigger with 68 gates and five concourses. They're just growing so much faster than they had anticipated. I read recently they plan to serve 23 million passengers / year by 2025. They just announced phase 2 of their $2.2 billion expansion which wasn't to be started until 2028. It will start next year now. And there's already another terminal planned for across Donelson Pike, but that probably won't happen before phases 1 and 2 are complete. They'll have no choice but to put in a train system to link all gates.

Old 06-27-2022, 03:31 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
I flew out Friday and back last night. Parked in Terminal Garage 1, walked to my gate, got on the plane and reversed when I got home. No issues. Light lines in the TSA Pre line. No evidence of a clusterf.

Old 06-27-2022, 03:34 PM

18 posts, read 25,325 times
Wouldn’t be surprised if Southwest Airlines ends up making Nashville a top 5 station with 200+ flights eventually. If they are adding that many gates, it’s obvious someone is expanding significantly.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:16 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,506,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grdamin23 View Post
Wouldn’t be surprised if Southwest Airlines ends up making Nashville a top 5 station with 200+ flights eventually. If they are adding that many gates, it’s obvious someone is expanding significantly.
It will mostly be Southwest. They've been eating American Airlines' 'lunch' since they pulled out of BNA in the mid 90s. They've shown how to run an airline while AA and others have languished. Delta and United are the only legacy airlines who have managed to come out of consolidation in better shape. AA has a LOT of debt, and their hubs are redundant. They will very likely have massive layoff(s) in the coming recession.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:49 PM

18 posts, read 25,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
It will mostly be Southwest. They've been eating American Airlines' 'lunch' since they pulled out of BNA in the mid 90s. They've shown how to run an airline while AA and others have languished. Delta and United are the only legacy airlines who have managed to come out of consolidation in better shape. AA has a LOT of debt, and their hubs are redundant. They will very likely have massive layoff(s) in the coming recession.
Agreed. While Southwest is a bit different than the likes of United, American and Delta, increasingly they are routing passengers over a few select airports like Baltimore, Chicago (Midway), Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Phoenix, etc. They lack a large 200+ flight station in the southeast US, and of their other large stations in the SE, Atlanta has too much competition from Delta and Orlando is very fragmented. Nashville is the place for a Southwest SE megastation, and I think they are heading in that direction.

Old 10-11-2023, 08:03 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,671,375 times
Default Is there still a BNA cell phone lot??

Last night my son (who has lived in Nashville for many years, and has been to the airport dozens of times) picked me up at BNA (I've lived here only 2 years, so I'm only moderately familiar with BNA).

What happened to the cell phone lot??? As I was getting off my plane, he called me to see where I was, and he said he couldn't find the cell phone lot! He had already driven around the terminal loop several times waiting for me (with a mood to match!) After I got in his car, I had him drive the loop one more time so I could see for myself. He said he saw a sign to his left (I missed it) but there were barricades preventing him from getting there.

This morning I googled, and learned the CPL has moved to 1415 Murfreesboro Pike, which according to what I read is about 4 miles away (actually that was according to online complaints that I read.)

I'm not clear on exactly where that is or how to get to it. Is it not reachable from the arrivals terminal?? At the very least it is not clearly marked. Apparently no one else could find it either, because the arrivals traffic was horrendous, and this was at 9:30 pm.

BTW, I did notice when my son took me to the airport last week for my flight, that there were two different exit signs from the highway, one for arrivals and one for departures (a change from my last time flying). But once we took the departures exit (what used to be the only entrance to the airport) there was a split for arrivals and departures, so I'm not sure what the highway signage was all about.

Old 10-11-2023, 11:50 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
I'm guessing no one is using it and they are just driving around like your son.

https://flynashville.com/relocation-...l-waiting-area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville