U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 AM

25 posts, read 103,637 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are relocating to Franklin soon and want to have a swimming pool built at the home we are purchasing. Has anyone had a pool built in the area? Do you recommend any pool contractors? Please send me a direct message if you have any recommendations. We are not looking to spend a fortune - just have a nice pool that we can use. Thanks!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 06:48 AM

6 posts, read 45,218 times
We used ANDERSON POOLS AND SPAS in Murfreesboro. He wasnt the cheapest, but the pool is now 3 years old and weve not had one problem with it. I think he does 3 main kinds...fiberglass (we have), vinyl liner and composite.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:23 AM

107 posts, read 248,998 times
Watson's Pools does a GREAT job!!! My boyfriend works there and he specializes in the concrete/stone that is put around the pool. They are located in Antioch and are very popular!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 05:22 PM

3,528 posts, read 7,893,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRRB2008 View Post
Watson's Pools does a GREAT job!!! My boyfriend works there and he specializes in the concrete/stone that is put around the pool. They are located in Antioch and are very popular!!!

Not to get too off-topic but does he know the "Watson's Girl"? She sure has adopted a much more conservative manner of dress. I remember when she used to appear in the commercials dressed mighty scantily.

Last edited by Steve_TN; 05-22-2008 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: typing errors

Old 05-22-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Not to get too off-topic but does he know the "Watson's Girl"? She sure has adopted a much more conservative manner of dress. I remember when she used to appear in the commercials dressed mighty scantily.

Steve- you are SO FUNNY!! I heard a story where someone went to Watson's looking for the girl that does the commercials because he thought she was so PRETTY!!!! She doesn't work for Watson's. She just does the commercials. I have only seen one of the commercials and I really wasn't paying attention to it. What does she dress like???

Old 05-22-2008, 10:28 PM

3,528 posts, read 7,893,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRRB2008 View Post
Steve- you are SO FUNNY!! I heard a story where someone went to Watson's looking for the girl that does the commercials because he thought she was so PRETTY!!!! She doesn't work for Watson's. She just does the commercials. I have only seen one of the commercials and I really wasn't paying attention to it. What does she dress like???
Well, she used to dress in bikinis that left very little to the imagination. Now, she is dressed in respectful clothes. She doesn't dress like a pilgrim, but in tasteful clothes.

I thought she was a Watson family member! Stupid me!

Old 05-23-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Well, she used to dress in bikinis that left very little to the imagination. Now, she is dressed in respectful clothes. She doesn't dress like a pilgrim, but in tasteful clothes.

I thought she was a Watson family member! Stupid me!

LOL!!! No- she isn't but believe me, people go there looking for her.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:25 AM

6 posts, read 45,218 times
We liked Watsons product....they had a nice store with several examples of the work they do. We were mainly interested in a fiberglass pool because of the installation speed, and ease of maintenance but would have considered a vinyl liner. But they NEVER returned our call or got back with us with an estimate after the initial meeting. Sure...it was a small pool in a small backyard, but it turned out to be a $45,000 job. POOL AND SPA DEPOT was better about keeping contact with us, but everytime we met with them they gave us a different price. They also wanted us to get the necessary permits...which we felt was the job of the contractor. ALLISON CONSTRUCTION CO in Goodlettsville gave us an outrageous price ($65,000 for a 14X28 pool) and they acted like they were interviewing us. Very snooty. SWIMWORLD in Gallatin was pretty good and gave us a good price.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:15 AM

2,887 posts, read 6,178,028 times
I think the girl in the TV commercials is the daughter of the owner of Watson Pools.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:27 AM

25 posts, read 103,637 times
I appreciate all of the feedback!!! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville