Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2022, 05:38 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times

Advertisements

KTLA reporter heads to Nashville to interview former Californians who now live in the Nashville area. Spoiler alert: none of them plan on moving back to California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rpdTeLbzio

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 05-24-2022, 04:53 PM

48 posts, read 40,129 times
the California "exodus" to Nashville is majorly overstated. It's been proven before that most of the Nashville transplants come from rust belt states (IL, IN, MI, OH, PA, MO, etc), basically anywhere north of Nashville that has worse winters. The number of Californians moving to Nashville in comparison is just a drop in the bucket.

Old 05-24-2022, 05:46 PM

25 posts, read 36,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville_Native View Post
the California "exodus" to Nashville is majorly overstated. It's been proven before that most of the Nashville transplants come from rust belt states (IL, IN, MI, OH, PA, MO, etc), basically anywhere north of Nashville that has worse winters. The number of Californians moving to Nashville in comparison is just a drop in the bucket.
California is #1 according to this article. It used to be that the northern US states were ahead in migration but that's not been the case for a few years now. I would also guess that Missouri and Indiana are pretty low on the migration list. I would guess Georgia and Kentucky to be higher.

https://www.wkrn.com/special-reports...y-on-the-rise/

Last edited by Lexusof5; 05-24-2022 at 05:55 PM..

Old 05-24-2022, 09:23 PM

3,037 posts, read 3,304,919 times
KTLA may forget it has been a decade for Nissan to move it's headquarters from California to TN. May havve forgotten how many suppliers also made the move. May be another 10,000 employees working at 2 plants.

From 2016 Nissan has a 20 year naming deal for Nissan Stadium. no word yet if they will assist in the New Nissan Stadium. A Nissan Titan truck is on site.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:00 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timfromtenn View Post
I went in the other direction. I like the beach, palm trees, mountains, and Western scenery. I get the cost issue, as well as the bad government in California, but there is nothing like La Jolla, Del Mar, or Coronado anywhere near Tennessee.
So true. I can’t wait to get back to California.

Old 05-25-2022, 12:13 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
I'm not in California, but the west coast lifestyle also lured me. I lived in Tennessee from birth until age 23 and then was very happy to get out. I think a lot of folks are just looking for something that aligns with their own sense of lifestyle and worth. It's great that we live in a large enough country to offer both Southeast and West Coast experiences.

Old 05-25-2022, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexusof5 View Post
California is #1 according to this article. It used to be that the northern US states were ahead in migration but that's not been the case for a few years now. I would also guess that Missouri and Indiana are pretty low on the migration list. I would guess Georgia and Kentucky to be higher.

https://www.wkrn.com/special-reports...y-on-the-rise/
Sorry to burst your bubble but the data in that article seems very unreliable. If you do a sample size of 1000 Nashville transplants, the majority of them are going to be from states east of the Mississippi River, and mostly in the Midwest. It's something I've witnessed on the ground as a true Nashville native. This idea that Californians are moving there in droves is only bait for flashy news headlines, nothing more. It's a fantasy. Tennessee is far down the list of states California natives want to move to.

Old 05-25-2022, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timfromtenn View Post
I went in the other direction. I like the beach, palm trees, mountains, and Western scenery. I get the cost issue, as well as the bad government in California, but there is nothing like La Jolla, Del Mar, or Coronado anywhere near Tennessee.
Same here. There's nothing like SoCal in Tennessee. People ask me all the time, "why would you leave NASHVILLE of all places?! Are you crazy? I thought Nashville was the place to be!"--without taking into account that I spent the first 22 years of my 30 year life in Nashville. Not everyone is destined to be in their hometown forever and ever.

Old 05-26-2022, 02:00 PM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville_Native View Post
Same here. There's nothing like SoCal in Tennessee. People ask me all the time, "why would you leave NASHVILLE of all places?! Are you crazy? I thought Nashville was the place to be!"--without taking into account that I spent the first 22 years of my 30 year life in Nashville. Not everyone is destined to be in their hometown forever and ever.
I totally get that.

But, California in many areas, is simply heaven on earth, geographically and climate-wise.

No state in the US can match California's magnificence.

San Diego is weather perfection, and Los Angeles ain't too far behind. I would move to LA myself (and almost did--twice), but I'm settled now in New York. LOVE the weather, sunshine, beaches and geographical variety that California offers.

It's too damn bad with the tax issue and the water/fire issue, that is driving folks to leave.

Nashville is an attractive alternative (like Austin), due to its explosive growth, no state income tax, entertainment industry hub, and milder winter weather.

Old 05-26-2022, 09:05 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
There seems to be a lot of movement between Nashville and Knoxville, Memphis, Clarksville and Atlanta.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news...tacker-related

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 05-26-2022 at 09:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville