Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2008, 12:11 PM

6 posts, read 15,211 times

Advertisements

Any good vegetarian or veggie friendly restaurants in Nashville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 02:22 PM

156 posts, read 679,910 times
Calypso Cafe is pretty good -- there are a few around town -- I know of one in Cool Springs and the other in the Vandy area

Old 05-06-2008, 07:32 AM

142 posts, read 637,879 times
There is a new vegetarian restaurant in East nashville called Veggie Cafe...you should check it out.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:33 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
Bongo Java has Grins Vegetarian Cafe. It's also kosher.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:02 PM

180 posts, read 700,616 times
If you like Indian cuisine, there's a place called Woodlands (I think) that's at the intersection of 440 and West End Avenue. It's in the tall, grayish-white office building right at the interchange. The menu is mainly South Indian influenced, but everything they offer is 100% vegetarian.

Their dosas were awesome, and huge!

Old 05-06-2008, 02:07 PM

6 posts, read 15,211 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I can't wait to give them a try!

Old 06-07-2008, 10:45 AM

6 posts, read 14,454 times
sitar is another indian resturant, not all veggie, but I think it is better than woodlands.i like woodlands when i can go for lunch and get the buffet. it is behind the new jason's deli, which is also very good and they can customize a sandwhich or pasta. bread and company also has veggie soups sometimes and they are a bakery/sandwhich place.
dave and buster;s inside opry mills mall has one of the best veggie burgers i have ever had. bob evans is nearby and they can make a good omlet and other breakfast foods, though im sure they have butter in them. the black eyed pea in hendersonville has good veggies and cornbread, but yet again covered in butter.

i'm looking for a good chinese place. i moved here from memphis and there was a place that had mock everything. it was so good. the only thing i have found here is tofu covered in sauce, its gross and hurts my stomach. anyone know of a good place?

Old 06-07-2008, 10:54 AM

6 posts, read 14,454 times
i forgot. green hills grille has a veggie menu, ruby tuesday has a veggie burger.
if you can catch them when they are open phat bites is an awesome place off donelson, not far from the airpot. yummy hummus. rainforest cafe in opry mills has a veggie burger, its a little spicy. panera, atlanta bread company, and mcalisters are good sandwhich options too. chilli's had a black bean burger. whole foods has a buffet, but im not a big fan of theirs. that store is just too busy and expensive for me. red robin has a veggie burger, havent tried it yet.
amerigo's will customize pastas, i get spagetti with sauce on the side and sqaush and zuccini mixed in. very good. noshville has a few options but most are spicy.

hope that helps. i like nashville, but even with all of those i still have trouble finding food that i can eat. i dont like spicy and i dont want a lot of dairy or raw veggies, so im rather limited. but i'm sure i can think of a few more places if you need more

like others said, coco and calpyso are great!

Old 06-07-2008, 02:26 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,739,536 times
Calypso Cafe is now in East Nashville.

Also, the Veggie Cafe just opened at Riverside Dr & Porter Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville