Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:22 PM

17 posts, read 59,435 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! I'm planning to move to Nashville in January and I'm wondering what you think of the Starline Apartments on Glatsonbury Rd. I've been doing a lot of research about the city and apartment hunting has been crazy! It seems like there is so much to offer, compared to Michigan anyways. So what do you think about Starline? Ever lived there? What's the drive like into the city? How about the neighborhood?
Anything would be great!

Thanks~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 08:29 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroznowski View Post
Hey everyone! I'm planning to move to Nashville in January and I'm wondering what you think of the Starline Apartments on Glatsonbury Rd. I've been doing a lot of research about the city and apartment hunting has been crazy! It seems like there is so much to offer, compared to Michigan anyways. So what do you think about Starline? Ever lived there? What's the drive like into the city? How about the neighborhood?
Anything would be great!

Thanks~
If they are still being managed by Schatten, it is a great management company. I lived at one of their other properties at one time. I hear mixed things about the area. Some people love it and some people hate it. My main concern would be airport traffic flying low overhead. Talk about noise.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:29 AM

103 posts, read 335,025 times
Trust me, you do NOT want to live there unless you like living in the middle of Mexico! That whole area (which used to be nice, btw) is surrounded by illegal immigrants.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:26 PM

109 posts, read 281,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watertown Gal View Post
Trust me, you do NOT want to live there unless you like living in the middle of Mexico! That whole area (which used to be nice, btw) is surrounded by illegal immigrants.
Wow, that was thoughtful. What made you think he did or didn't want to be around a specific group of people? If the person said they were interested in a an area that was more ****** then I would understand if you did or did not recommend the area but nothing was said like that. I mean, what was going through your head when you wrote this?

Edit: I will say this - the area has a lot more diversity than any other part of Nashville other than East Nashville. If you are looking for diversity in Nashville look in the area you are already looking or look into East Nashville. I would personally recommend East Nashville, it has a lot more of eclectic shopping, small businesses and a few chains tossed into the area, very walkable for Nashville, the Shelby Bottoms park is nice, easy access to Public Transit, and a lot more bike lanes if your a bike commuter. If you want fast food, college frat boy types, and one sides views then by all means - look around West End. This view has nothing to do with race like some people like to make their comments about.... I am also going to assume you are someone with common sense that you understand that you need to be aware when walking around but I never had an issue in this area and I walked and took the #15 bus through there a lot.

I would recommend using public transit - walk or ride your bike (if you do ride or are even interested in Public Transit) to Murfreesboro Pike and you can hop on the #15 to get downtown and you do not need to worry about gas prices and everything that comes along with owning a car but you will end up wanting a car sometimes in Nashville because everything is spread out and is a sprawling mess. One of my closest friends I made in the building I lived in (Metro Manor @ 500 5th Ave N - Talk to Steve) was from Detroit and he never used his car as far as I could tell. Another guy I knew in the building from Michigan didn't even own a car, which I do not either, and we all got a long great without the need of a car but we did live downtown - downtown Nashville isn't my favorite choice for a city but it was what I am into when it comes to my lifestyle that made me move.

In the end I would still recommend East Nashville for all the reasons above and it is just a few minute walk across the bridge to get downtown. Good luck with the move.

Last edited by bsdsys; 06-15-2008 at 04:02 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdsys View Post
Wow, that was thoughtful. What made you think he did or didn't want to be around a specific group of people? If the person said they were interested in a an area that was more ****** then I would understand if you did or did not recommend the area but nothing was said like that. I mean, what was going through your head when you wrote this?
No, that was truthful, and regardless of what specific group of people eroznowski wants to be or not be around, I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in any area in which he/she stands a very good chance of being a crime victim. When an area gets so bad that even Kroger closes it's doors and moves 5 miles down the road because of the rampant crime and filth that certain types of "diversity" brings, then yes, I am going to warn the people that want to live in a decent neighborhood away from these areas. That whole area is rundown and most of the businesses that have been there for years have shut their doors and moved elsewhere. It is a ghetto.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:46 AM

109 posts, read 281,120 times
Quote:
No, that was truthful, and regardless of what specific group of people eroznowski wants to be or not be around, I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in any area in which he/she stands a very good chance of being a crime victim. When an area gets so bad that even Kroger closes it's doors and moves 5 miles down the road because of the rampant crime and filth that certain types of "diversity" brings, then yes, I am going to warn the people that want to live in a decent neighborhood away from these areas. That whole area is rundown and most of the businesses that have been there for years have shut their doors and moved elsewhere. It is a ghetto.
No, it was not truthful and calling the area MEXICO, and full of "illegal immigrants" isn't a good way to make your point! If you do not like an area for specific reasons, that is fine but do not place the blame on a specific race like you are trying to do. Go to your original post and see where you placed blame on a specific race. Maybe you should live in the area before you judge it by its exterior or views from outside sources like yourself and the news media. I love how you views come out with racist comments and ignorance but no one in the Tennessee board said anything to you. You you are disgrace to humanity. Now, back to bashing an area you never even lived in or do not live in anymore because it is full of Mexicans and illegal Mexicans....

Edit: Actually, I do see how people on the Tennessee boards would allow you to say something like that without challenging it... how's that for generalizing a specific area? Enjoy the TN forum - I see no truthfulness to this forum and therefore see no purpose in me making comments here. Enjoy it - it's all yours!

Last edited by bsdsys; 06-16-2008 at 10:57 AM..

Old 06-16-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdsys View Post
No, it was not truthful and calling the area MEXICO, and full of "illegal immigrants" isn't a good way to make your point! If you do not like an area for specific reasons, that is fine but do not place the blame on a specific race like you are trying to do. Go to your original post and see where you placed blame on a specific race. Maybe you should live in the area before you judge it by its exterior or views from outside sources like yourself and the news media. I love how you views come out with racist comments and ignorance but no one in the Tennessee board said anything to you. You you are disgrace to humanity. Now, back to bashing an area you never even lived in or do not live in anymore because it is full of Mexicans and illegal Mexicans....
Since you live in Chicago and have very little insight into the area in question, you don't have a clue about the truthfulness or falseness of my statements. I LIVED in that general vicinity for close to 50 years and I KNOW what I'm talking about, having only just recently moved from South Nashville. Furthermore, I made my statements based on the majority of Hispanics (legal or illegal) that actually DO live in that area, not on some racial bias that you say I have, although I will admit that I AM biased against the illegal immigrants that have over-run certain parts of Nashville and made it uninhabitable for the rest of us law-abiding, tax-paying, decent citizens. It truly sucks to see a city that I was born and raised in change from a great place to live and work and raise kids in, to a Third World hellhole, but if speaking the truth about it makes me a disgrace to humanity, then so be it. It's still a free country, which means that I can speak my mind and if you don't like it....TOO BAD!

Quote:
Edit: Actually, I do see how people on the Tennessee boards would allow you to say something like that without challenging it... how's that for generalizing a specific area? Enjoy the TN forum - I see no truthfulness to this forum and therefore see no purpose in me making comments here. Enjoy it - it's all yours
Fine by me, you've got a h/o for Tennessee in general and me in particular, so don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out...

Old 06-16-2008, 02:34 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,624,890 times
Quote:
Since you live in Chicago and have very little insight into the area in question, you don't have a clue about the truthfulness or falseness of my statements. I LIVED in that general vicinity for close to 50 years and I KNOW what I'm talking about, having only just recently moved from South Nashville. Furthermore, I made my statements based on the majority of Hispanics (legal or illegal) that actually DO live in that area, not on some racial bias that you say I have, although I will admit that I AM biased against the illegal immigrants that have over-run certain parts of Nashville and made it uninhabitable for the rest of us law-abiding, tax-paying, decent citizens. It truly sucks to see a city that I was born and raised in change from a great place to live and work and raise kids in, to a Third World hellhole, but if speaking the truth about it makes me a disgrace to humanity, then so be it. It's still a free country, which means that I can speak my mind and if you don't like it....TOO BAD!

Fine by me, you've got a h/o for Tennessee in general and me in particular, so don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out...
You go Watertown Gal!!!!!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_tn View Post
you Go Watertown Gal!!!!!!! :d :d :d :d :d

Thanks!

Old 06-17-2008, 09:09 AM

634 posts, read 1,419,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_tn View Post
you Go Watertown Gal!!!!!!! :d :d :d :d :d

A+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville