Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2008, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,013 times

Advertisements

How bad would the commute be if I worked in Murfreesboro and lived in Nashville? I am a single woman & want to be close to the city for all the action. Any suggestions on areas to live where the commute wouldn't be horrible and I could still be in an area with a lot going on for the single girl pushing 30?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 05:24 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Easy commute. Most people live in Murfreesboro and work in Nashville, so you'd be in the opposite flow of the traffic. Try and stick to the western part of Murfreesboro. It is just nicer in general than the rest of the city and convenient to everything.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:19 PM

162 posts, read 604,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Easy commute. Most people live in Murfreesboro and work in Nashville, so you'd be in the opposite flow of the traffic. Try and stick to the western part of Murfreesboro. It is just nicer in general than the rest of the city and convenient to everything.
I think that BellaJacks meant the opposite...The commute from Nashville to Murfreesboro isn't bad. It can take from 30-45 mins depending on the part of Nashville that you are traveling from and the time. It seems pretty commonplace. I considered it at one point. It's just totally dependent on you seeing that gas prices are on the rise. In terms of where to live will also depend on your preferences. I'm not the best person to get that information from as I am somewhat new to the Nashville area.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:52 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawillia View Post
I think that BellaJacks meant the opposite...The commute from Nashville to Murfreesboro isn't bad. It can take from 30-45 mins depending on the part of Nashville that you are traveling from and the time. It seems pretty commonplace. I considered it at one point. It's just totally dependent on you seeing that gas prices are on the rise. In terms of where to live will also depend on your preferences. I'm not the best person to get that information from as I am somewhat new to the Nashville area.
I live in Murfreesboro and commute to Nashville for work. I leave early but I don't mid it at all. I've been doing it for 8 years now.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:09 PM

Yeah, well I think BellaJacks should go for it. I like Murfreesboro

Last edited by pawillia; 06-19-2008 at 08:18 PM..

Old 06-19-2008, 10:04 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,979,871 times
I would only do it it the pay was really, really good.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
I would only do it it the pay was really, really good.
Mike that's a great point. That was the reason why I reconsidered working out there when presented with the opportunity. The pay wasn't good enough to accommodate the commute.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:37 PM

2 posts, read 6,013 times
The pay is the only reason I'm considering it But I agree. I just don't know if I can handle the drive (wking in Mur/live in Nashville). Any suggestions on somewhere in between (heard nothing good ab la vernge or smyma) that would be convenient to both? Would Franklin be a bad idea?

Old 06-22-2008, 07:24 PM

9 posts, read 36,242 times
Yea, as gas prices are rising make sure you budget in all the fricken gas expense!!!!!

I work with a few people who commute. They actually all carpool.. you might wanna try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville