Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:24 AM

25 posts, read 54,889 times

Advertisements

Can I just say that we were VERY impressed with Murfreesboro!! Omgoodness is your town so pretty! Granted we got there Saturday morning to drive around, so we didn't experience the traffic of the weekday. Everyone that we ran in to was friendly! We had a baseball tournament at Vanderbilt and we played a Murfreesboro team and the parents were friendly and chatted with us about your city!

We're ready to move on down. In fact, I was ready to stay and have the kids shipped down to me! lol

Congrats on such a nice area to call your home. We can't wait to find out what Bridgestone has planned and we hope it's to Tennessee and we can live there too! The rumor is we could hear something by the end of July, so fingers crossed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 AM

317 posts, read 1,231,193 times
So glad to hear you had a good visit. I know a lot of us on here are proud of our area. We all hope that visitors have good experiences and that people really are as nice as we say they'll be! Sounds like they were...Sigh of relief...

Old 06-24-2008, 09:27 PM

764 posts, read 2,549,250 times
Hey! I was thinking about you and your family this weekend and wondering how your trip went. Thanks for updating us! Where all did you get to drive around in town?

Hubby and I drove by where the Tech Center would be located and we're really keeping our fingers crossed that they'll relocate here and build a new HQ, too!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:58 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
That is so great to hear!!! Very kind words!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
Hey! I was thinking about you and your family this weekend and wondering how your trip went. Thanks for updating us! Where all did you get to drive around in town?

Hubby and I drove by where the Tech Center would be located and we're really keeping our fingers crossed that they'll relocate here and build a new HQ, too!
We ended up coming down 24 from Nashville and driving around the Blackman area, Garrison Drive area, checked out the one park behind Garrison Drive, past The Avenue, the other mall which had TWO STARBUCKS!!! sealed the deal right there for me! lol Looked at some allottments by Blackman to get an idea of what the houses looked like in real life vs. the real estate sites.

That's about all we had time for. We had to get down to Chattanooga to meet my sister.

Then drove back up 24 and got caught in that torential downpour in the Murfreesboro area Saturday afternoon, missed the hail that apparently you all got!

So we didn't get to see that much, but VERY much impressed with what we did get to see. We both like what we saw! We both hope to move down there!

Apparently there is a family something or other at the Firestone statue, about the time of the Bridgestone Golf event, so there will be press there, etc. So they could announce something then with so many people present...

Akron competes with Tennessee city to keep Bridgestone-Firestone research center- cleveland.com

So we'll see!

Maybe next time we come down, if it goes this way, we can meet up and you guys could show us around!

Old 07-01-2008, 04:55 PM

DH came home today and said the rumor at corporate was that they would be announcing the decision this weekend and that it looks really good for Murfreesboro. Fingers crossed! Rutherford County needs Bridgestone tech center - and eventually the corporate office - and Tennessee is just a great place to be!

And when you are able to make another trip down, let me know and we'll take you out to dinner and show you some sights!

Old 07-01-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
DH came home today and said the rumor at corporate was that they would be announcing the decision this weekend and that it looks really good for Murfreesboro. Fingers crossed! Rutherford County needs Bridgestone tech center - and eventually the corporate office - and Tennessee is just a great place to be!

And when you are able to make another trip down, let me know and we'll take you out to dinner and show you some sights!
Gee....when I visited in 94, before moving here, Mary Moon made no mention of taking ME to dinner. I was single then. Oh well......

Old 07-01-2008, 05:20 PM

Ahhh, 1994. Back before I was married, too. But, I was living with my soon-to-be husband in Nashville at the time. If only we could have met before we were both bound in matrimony to others...

Old 07-01-2008, 06:16 PM

A dinner date! Yay!

I'm liking your rumor MUCH better than our rumor!!!

If you hear something before me - LET ME KNOW!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Ahhh, 1994. Back before I was married, too. But, I was living with my soon-to-be husband in Nashville at the time. If only we could have met before we were both bound in matrimony to others...

HA HA!! You are a trip Mary!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville