Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:12 AM

933 posts, read 2,741,221 times

Advertisements

Should have suggested you visit Market Square in old downtown Knoxville.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g55138-d284327-Reviews-Market_Square-Knoxville_Tennessee.html
It's a rejuvenated area with shops and restaurants. Maybe check it out when you go back through. Me and my fiance stay at the Hotel St. Oliver, which is right around the corner, when we stay in Knoxville.
Hotel St Oliver - Knoxville, TN

Enjoy your visit in Nashville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 08:33 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Sounds like it's going well. Be sure and ask for anything you may need as you go. Most of us would happily take a break from work to answer

Old 08-12-2008, 10:09 AM

957 posts, read 3,698,765 times
Might try heading over to Opry Mills. The Gen Jackson showboat is fun. They do a dinner cruise and show. The Opry is also over there. Trace Adkins and Diamond Rio are playing tonight. Don't know if tickets are still available. The Aquarium Restaurant is a fun place to grab lunch or dinner.

I'll also second Broadway downtown and Music Row. The Country Music Hall of Fame is also right there as well.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:43 PM

118 posts, read 597,415 times
Our Tennessee portion of this trip is over. Now were in Texas.

Nashville was a blast and we fell in love with the Franklin, Brentwood, Nolensville areas. We went to Tootsies and had a beer with Gabe Garcia from Nashville star, he was a real nice guy. We did all on 2nd ave. and Broadway and walked thru Printers Alley. We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard right there at 4th and Church so that pretty much put us in the heart of everything.

We went out to the Opry and saw Trace Adkins, Diamond Rio, Danielle Peck and others, that too was a great time. We spent most of our time just driving around getting a feel for the area and looking at homes.

I am sure it will take a few weeks for this trip to really sink in. We have been sooooo many places and seen so many new things. If I had to pick a new home tomorrow, Franklin or Brentwood would be very high on the list.

I'll try and add more to this post when we get home and have a chance to really sit back and reflect. For now, my brain is mush.

Two days in Texas and then finally back home......feels like we've been gone for months!!!

Thanks again for all the help, we really enjoyed our trip.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:59 PM

16 posts, read 46,346 times
Dave and Busters at the Opry Mills Mall is my favorite. Of course downtown on Fri and Sat night. Get a reasonable hotel on Music Row and take a cab.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:58 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Thanks for the update. So funny you ran into Gabe. He writes with a couple of my co-writers and they can't say enough good things about him.

Best of luck! Maybe this time next year, we'll be neighbors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville