Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:22 PM

3 posts, read 9,007 times

Advertisements

I would really appreciate some info on Portland Tennessee, coming out there in October...Also info on housing, and the nice areas to look? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 06:13 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,127,778 times
Sorry no one has replied to you. There's a couple of people who sometimes post here who live in Portland (including one who just moved from California); they probably just haven't found your post yet.

I know a little about Portland, but it would be better if one of the locals replied. It's been a few years since I've even been to Portland.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:55 AM

334 posts, read 1,277,614 times
Portland is a small town, but bigger than some like Cross Plains, or Orlinda. I don't go there much but have a niece that lives there, and a great-nephew that plays on the PHS football team...the (Purple) Panthers. They seem to enjoy the town and their church family there. It is within "spittin' distance" of the Kentucky line and is in Sumner County. It's nice country out there and not nearly as expensive as towns closer to Nashville like White House or Hendersonville. BUT the drive would get tiring to me if I worked in Nashville.

Hopefully someone that has lived in Portland can help more.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:48 AM

1,363 posts, read 4,263,709 times
I just replied on your other post in the Tennessee section. Portland is an older town. Depending on how much you want to spend on a home, I would also look at Cottontown, Cross Plains, and White House which are just south of Portland. From White House, the town of Hendersonville is only 15 minutes where you can find all kinds of shopping, restaurants, and new stores being built. I go there all the time. You can pm me if you what more details on anything up in this area. I've lived here 9 months now and moved from up north.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:57 PM

4 posts, read 10,510 times
Smile Information on Portland, TN

I bought a house here in Portland, TN about a year ago. Portland is a nice small town but not too small. We are very close to Franklin, KY.
Housing is pretty decent priced. There are a couple apartment complexes, My son rented at one it was based on income he had a 2 bdrm 2 bath town home and paid about $450.00 a month. I can tell you a lot just let me know what you want to know.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 PM

450 posts, read 1,497,724 times
I am the one who lives in Portland and we just moved here from California in April... We love this little town. We have found Doctors and a Church that we enjoy. We live north of town off 109. (Broadway) our track has about 50 to 60 houses in it and most were built in the late 90's. We live on close to 1/2 acre. If you have any questions please ask. If you don't wanna ask in here feel free to PM me (us). I would be willing to bet we can make your move a lot easier. we are close to Franklin Ky. and that has it's advantages.....

Sorry I just saw your post today.....Or I would have answered a long time ago

Old 09-25-2008, 05:40 AM

16,174 posts, read 32,329,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat50 View Post
I would really appreciate some info on Portland Tennessee, coming out there in October...Also info on housing, and the nice areas to look? Thanks
You've probably already seen this but just in case you haven't: //www.city-data.com/city/Portland-Tennessee.html

Old 09-25-2008, 07:03 AM

450 posts, read 1,497,724 times
Official Web-Site City Of Portland, TN (http://www.cityofportlandtn.gov/ContentPage.aspx?WebPageId=17283&GroupId=4056 - broken link)

And here is the Cities Web Site...

Old 09-25-2008, 12:03 PM

256 posts, read 885,368 times
I live in White House, but me and my husband looked at portland for houses they are great prices and in one area they were some new houses being built. like everyone said your close to ky soo you can shop there and pay no sales tax on FOOD...LOL
We can tell you everything you want to know about portland, but you never know if you really like it unless you come and see it..and look at the other towns they mention for you...
good luck

Old 09-26-2008, 07:42 AM

1,363 posts, read 4,263,709 times
bran_smith, I do agree about checking out the towns before you move there. Personally, I like White House more because it's got more modern stores, great vet, etc. Portland is an older town and not what I was looking for. Each person has a different preference in where they would like to live so it's better to see in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville