Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 6,342 times

Advertisements

Hi All!

I'm originally from the Knoxville area but just graduated college and am brand new to the Nashville area. I'm currently house-sitting for a couple but once they return, I'll be looking for an apartment. I'm at a loss.

A friend says to stick with West Nashville/Belle-Meade/Bellevue or Brentwood but I'm kind of on a tight budget and (through searches online) have only come up with the Antioch area (which I've heard isn't so great). Any suggestions?

My job is in Brentwood. Anyone know of some NICE/SAFE apartments/neighborhoods in that area NOT on major roadways? I'm from a small suburb and would prefer a more quite place but...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 05:21 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeltnkey View Post
Hi All!

I'm originally from the Knoxville area but just graduated college and am brand new to the Nashville area. I'm currently house-sitting for a couple but once they return, I'll be looking for an apartment. I'm at a loss.

A friend says to stick with West Nashville/Belle-Meade/Bellevue or Brentwood but I'm kind of on a tight budget and (through searches online) have only come up with the Antioch area (which I've heard isn't so great). Any suggestions?

My job is in Brentwood. Anyone know of some NICE/SAFE apartments/neighborhoods in that area NOT on major roadways? I'm from a small suburb and would prefer a more quite place but...
You have heard correctly about Antioch (at least in my opinion). If you could give us your maximum dollar figure for rent, we would be able to help you more. Also, how many bedrooms? Have a pet? What ammenities would you be looking for?

Old 08-13-2008, 05:25 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile Check out The Grove

It's gated. My daughter had a 2/2 there and the rent was around $1150 per
month. Very nice. They also have one bedrooms.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:28 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
You could also look in Franklin.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:05 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeltnkey View Post
Hi All!

I would look in Franklin, you can probably find something about the same price.
Skip Antioch. What is your budget? I looked at a lot of apartments in different areas of the city for my son so I can steer you to what would be in your budget.
As soon as my son finds a Customer Service Job here, he is gone from NJ.
He can't wait!

Diane G

Old 08-13-2008, 06:07 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I would look in Franklin, you can probably find something about the same price.
Skip Antioch. What is your budget? I looked at a lot of apartments in different areas of the city for my son so I can steer you to what would be in your budget.
As soon as my son finds a Customer Service Job here, he is gone from NJ.
He can't wait!

Diane G

Diane - I am keeping my fingers crossed for your son because I remember praying for my ticket out of NJ to Nashville. If I hear of any possible leads, I will let you know.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:41 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
I'd start my search around the Davidson County section of Brentwood (Nipper's Corner). I have a few friends at Brentwood Oaks Apts and they seem to like it and it doesn't appear outrageously expensive. There are a few other apartment complexes in that area. The further out you go on Old Hickory, the closer to Antioch you get. That's not to say that there aren't still some nice places to live out there...just not as many as in Nipper's Corner.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Diane - I am keeping my fingers crossed for your son because I remember praying for my ticket out of NJ to Nashville. If I hear of any possible leads, I will let you know.
Steve, Thank You! He told me today, he wants out of there very badly.

Diane G

Old 08-14-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I'd start my search around the Davidson County section of Brentwood (Nipper's Corner). I have a few friends at Brentwood Oaks Apts and they seem to like it and it doesn't appear outrageously expensive. There are a few other apartment complexes in that area. The further out you go on Old Hickory, the closer to Antioch you get. That's not to say that there aren't still some nice places to live out there...just not as many as in Nipper's Corner.
Except for a few there that had painted Kitchen Cabinets, and were not wonderful, I found you got more for your money in Bellevue , and you didn't have the worry about being to close to Antioch. My son liked the Bellevue Area the best for an Apartment if the job he obtains is in Nashville. We also saw some great Apartments in Murfreesboro, but the job he obtains would have to be there or near there.

Diane G

Old 08-14-2008, 07:01 PM

3 posts, read 6,342 times
Wow! Such a quick response from everyone! Thank you!

As for prices, right now the job is only part-time but they said they'll increase my hours over the next couple of weeks. Another bad thing is when we talked salary at the interview I said a figure thinking that PLUS benefits but, come to find out, we don't get benefits. HAHA any suggestions on that as well?

Anyway, I don't want to go over $650 at the absolute highest right now. I had hoped to find something closer to the 500s but that doesn't seem to be possible if I want a safe area/part of town/residence. I went to some places today and they were nearer the $620-650/month and were closer to Antioch. My top choices as far as exterior/interior were Brentridge, Arbor Hills, and Breechtree or something like that. Brentridge was top. But still, if I could find something cheaper or around the same for a better location, I'd consider it in a heartbeat!!

I'm a fresh college grad so, of course, money is a big issue. I don't shop a ton or nothing so I'm good at penny-pinching but I'd also like to not have to worry about making rent/utilities/groceries/emergencies/etc. and have SOMETHING to save up each month for the future...Plus be able to perhaps treat myself occasionally :-)

I DO have a young cat (What's up with this stupid monthly pet rent anyway?). Oh, and it's just me so one bedroom is what I'm looking for. Also, I'd like to have a pool/fitness center/top floor/maybe off of a main road away from noise and traffic/gated/private access to my apt/balcony/laundry/trash and sewer paid/etc. But none of that (except the private access) is an absolute must...that's just a list of "that'd be nice" -type of things. During my search, I found a 1 bedroom townhouse in Bellevue that looked nice in the pic for about $610. I like the idea of a 2-story but know that's going to be hard to come by with my price range. I haven't been out to see that particular one yet but it's on my list!

So far, I haven't found any places in that lower price range in the Bellevue area...perhaps I'm focusing too much on Antioch.

Okay....now what??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville