Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,880 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone that knows of any Cider Mills here in TN or even northern GA? We are from Centerline, MI (near Warren which is N of Detroit). We have found Apple Orchards but we want some place with more than just apples, cider and little store. We went to Yates Cider Mill in MI and I know prob nothing like that here, but I hope to find something close to that. And by the way. I love it here and would never move back to MI. We are now in Cleveland, TN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 10,073 times
I moved down from Lapeer, MI last fall. I started looking for cider mills after seeing a lot of my MI family and friends posting pics of going up there. Made me a bit jealous..lol Thanks for the posts!

Old 10-01-2013, 08:12 AM

73 posts, read 233,807 times
Hard to believe I started this thread 5 years ago. How time flies. I have been in TN for 6 years and there is not a Fall that goes by that my family doesn't miss the cider mill. When we first moved in I asked neighbors if they knew of one in the area and they had no idea what it was. Not one of my neighbors actually grew up in TN though. Basically you will be driving a good 6 hours for one unless you consider the Apple Barn in East TN to fit your needs. When in MI check out Parmenter's Cider Mill in Northville. I have been to 15 different ones over the years and that is our favorite for donuts, cider, maple sugar and caramel apples. The mill in Franklin, MI has candy apples and some really greasy donuts that are pretty good too. Loved sitting by the water and watching the ducks or seeing them press the cider. Fun! I recommend an over night trip just to go to the cider mill....it is that great of an experience.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:21 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
It's time for y'all to try sorghum on biscuits...

Muddy Pond Sorghum Mill

Old 10-06-2013, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,684 times
I too am from Michigan and I haven't found one yet. The cider mills are truly a treat but I guess too Michigan is know for it's apples. I find I may just have to make a fall trip home to MI. I tried the Mt. Juliet location and it is a store that sells bags of apples.There is no cider mill, or cider or warm yummy homemade doughnuts.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,021 times
Default Unable to locate Cider Mill too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
I was curious if there are any cider mills in the area. All I could find was a store at Opry Mills. Does anyone know where there is one within an hour of Hendersonville? This is about the only thing that we miss after moving from Michigan. Please help!
We moved here from MI in 2009 and hate the job market for sure, there is no work in Lawrence County. We searched TN and AL for Cider Mills, and found none, also missing Vernors and Better Made.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,021 times
We are from Warren too and there are no cider mills here. Yates just opened for the season and my friends are posting pics. I told then to find a way to ship cider and doughnuts

Old 09-11-2014, 08:29 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,279,929 times
There's one in Sevierville, TN comeVisitNashvilleCider | The Apple Barn Cider Mill & General Store, Inc.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:29 AM

38 posts, read 70,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobermanlover120 View Post
We moved here from MI in 2009 and hate the job market for sure, there is no work in Lawrence County. We searched TN and AL for Cider Mills, and found none, also missing Vernors and Better Made.
I've seen Vernors at Publix for sure, and I think even Kroger.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:31 AM

38 posts, read 70,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
I used to live in Sevierville, and while the Apple Barn is nice it's not like the cider mills you're used to in Michigan (lived there as well).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville