Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 10:03 PM

393 posts, read 1,880,607 times

Advertisements

thank you for the info............wow I was really lost and out of my way....wooohooo!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 04:01 PM

290 posts, read 1,053,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygal View Post
thank you for the info............wow I was really lost and out of my way....wooohooo!!!
Another 25 miles or so and you would have ended up in Kentucky. By the way, I-65 out of Nashville towards Kentucky has some rather nice scenery.
Buzz

Old 11-04-2008, 01:46 PM

145 posts, read 515,234 times
I don't know how long this link will work, but here's a video news story from Channel 2 regarding the City's efforts to give Dickerson Pike a facelift and improve the neighborhood.

Pop Up Video

Old 11-04-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleTNresident View Post
I don't know how long this link will work, but here's a video news story from Channel 2 regarding the City's efforts to give Dickerson Pike a facelift and improve the neighborhood.

Pop Up Video
Thanks for posting the link. I actually saw that story this morning on Channel 2 and they mentioned Dickerson Pike is the oldest Route into Nashville. I don't know if the face lift will only be around downtown or will it include the whole road out to Skyline Hospital and beyond.

I remember when there was no Interstate 65 and we used to go to a drive-in movie on the site my work place is located now on Dickerson Pike. How times have changed.

The city has been tearing up Dickerson Pike around my work place installing some kind of water or sewer pipes. Also, they have been installing fiber optic cabling as well.

Again, thanks for the link.

Buzz

Old 11-04-2008, 05:43 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
Wasn't your building once a Sam's Club too?

Old 11-04-2008, 05:47 PM

Yes it was, and it is funny they are building a Super Walmart right up the street from a building Sam's Club moved from years ago. The building has been a television studio for 13 years, but I don't know how long it was empty between the time Sam's Club moved out and we moved in.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:12 AM

933 posts, read 2,741,221 times
In the Tennessean - latest updates on improvements to Dickerson Pike. So much potential - there are older residents and new people moving into the adjacent Cleveland Park residential area that are really trying to improve the area and it is working.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...D=2008811030370

The latest planned improvements will take place along five blocks at Dickerson's southernmost end. Much of the money will be concentrated at three intersections, the junctions between Dickerson and First Street, Cleveland Street and Douglas Avenue.

Plans call for upgrading the sidewalks and landscaping at Cleveland and Douglas to encourage more people to walk through the area. Those intersections will also be beautified with colored pavement to create a sense of a neighborhood center.

Down the street, the buffalo statues will be installed in the median in the "scissors intersection" where First merges into Dickerson. The steel-and-concrete sculptures, which will be produced by an Arizona firm that specializes in creating lifelike animals, are meant to remind passers-by of Dickerson's origin as a buffalo trail connecting Fort Nashborough with Mansker's Fort in Sumner County.

Last edited by yank283; 11-05-2008 at 08:55 AM..

Old 11-05-2008, 05:28 PM

That sounds great. I am glad the city in taking an interest in revitalizing Dickerson Pike, even if the revitalization doesn't reach out as far as my work place. But, those folks on that end of Dickerson Pike deserve the improvements.

Our area is improving with the addition of Wal*Mart/Lowes, Skyline Medical Center and, I would like to think my company has added an improvement to the area. We are in an old Sam's Club, with several large satellite dishes on the north side of the building. Since I have been there (13 years), we had a Walgreens build across the street, and Exxon "On the Run" Market on the corner of Maplewood and Dickerson Pike, A Sleep Inn across the street and I think the Arby's, directly across the street, wasn't there when I started back in Jan. of 1996. There have been a couple of auto parts places pop up down the street, as well.

There is an awesome Chicago Style Gyros right next to our entrance, I eat at quite a few times a month.

I will be happy when the city finishes installing all the sewer or water pipes they have been working on the past few months. I think I heard this was for the new Wal*Mart/Lowe's Stores.

Thanks for sharing the information!
Buzz

Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleTNresident View Post

Pop Up Video
Thanks for the link! I'm glad to see progress happening on Dickerson.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:31 PM

3 posts, read 15,077 times
The new Lowe's store is now open! Today was opening day, the grand opening is set for April 2. There has been stories running all evening on it. My husband works as a Zone manager there and they are all really proud of the work and the crew they have put together. If you can get in this weekend, great, if not, make sure you come in on the 2nd. All gift card purchases are matched and proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville