Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 07:55 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,627,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I'm just guessing here, but it could be they have smaller tanks for the higher grades knowing that the bulk of their business is from the normal 87 octane.
That's a really good point alleycat. I never thought of that! I believe you have solved the mystery for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 07:57 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
I was lucky getting Gas today. I was going to Super Target in Smyrna. I noticed on the way there that the Kroger station on Nolensville and Concord rd was closed but on the way back it had a line out of the service station on nolensville road. I got gas at the Home Depot station on Sam Riley Pky in Smyrna, $3.91 a gal.
I buy the 87. as does my husband. He traded in over a year ago our SUV and bought a yaris, and gets 41mpg. I have a Toyota Rav get great mileage.

On Interstate 24, at Old Hickory blvd/ Burkett, there was a line at the station in the TA service center. It was $3,79 a gal and open. I noticed others open along that road.

Diane G

Old 09-19-2008, 07:59 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
A friend just called me, she was able to find a station with gas in Millersville. But .... she had to pay $ 4.59 a gallon for it. Sheesh!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:12 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,517,855 times
Out of gas here too, at the 2 stations I regularly use. A station next town over has gas available for $4.25. Independent stations are running out faster. According to a gas station owner, he said independent stations are refusing to pay the higher prices. Some of the bigger companies (Shell, etc.) are still paying the higher price, but cutting down on the number of times per week they get their supply, while a lot of the independent stations aren't buying any gas at all and are just shutting down their pumps instead.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:28 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,984 times
I take back what I said earlier. Everything was quiet until after 5 p.m. work day was through. There were lines at most of the stations here and now I see bagged pumps as well. What the heck happened? It was quiet here all week long until this afternoon. Gas for the weekend like Alleycat mentioned? Wow! it so reminded me of FL and the hurricanes.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:36 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Watched one of the Nashville TV stations while ago and one of the main pipelines from the gulf to the east comes through Tennessee. The problem is on the gulf end of the pipeline. Nothing is being produced yet!

3 Million Gallons Of Fuel Arrive By Barge - Money News Story - WSMV Nashville

Old 09-19-2008, 08:53 PM

I better start looking for some tomorrow and not go anywhere this weekend. This is rediculous!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:58 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
The Nashville gas shortage made the Knoxville news.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
The Nashville gas shortage made the Knoxville news.
And by the time we find stations with working pumps, we will be in Knoxville.

Where is Mary_Moon??? I know she has some type of underhanded scheme up her sleeve. Steals milk, then peaches....I guess gas is the obvious next step. Then she will be reselling it for 10 bucks a gallon at the Moon Mart that conveniently pops up on her property! Okay, I'm getting way too carried away!

Last edited by Steve_TN; 09-19-2008 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: Needed to add.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:19 PM

764 posts, read 2,549,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
And by the time we find stations with working pumps, we will be in Knoxville.

Where is Mary_Moon??? I know she has some type of underhanded scheme up her sleeve. Steals milk, then peaches....I guess gas is the obvious next step. Then she will be reselling it for 10 bucks a gallon at the Moon Mart that conveniently pops up on her property! Okay, I'm getting way too carried away!
LOL! I'm thinking about following in Phil Valentine's footsteps and producing my own ethanol. Apparently all I need is enough space to grow corn, check, and some kind of a still, check. Oh wait, not THAT kind of a still... Forget I said anything.

I tend to not be an alarmist, but hubby went out the day before the hurricane hit and filled up the 21 gallon tank in my van, his Civic and 4 5/gal gas containers, just in case. He had no problem refilling earlier this week in Nashville and I still have 1/2 tank left in my van. We haven't had to touch the gas out in the garage and I hope we don't have to. This is a pretty unnerving situation!

MM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville