Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 03:28 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,297,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
^I can't stand beer so I won't be there. Were you able to get tickets? I know they sold out fast.

Courtney
No. I have a friend that has a few...if one of his buddies cancels, it's mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 01:50 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,452,144 times
OK, so here is a great example of why severe weather is a) serious business BUT b) no reason to freak out. I work downtown and when it became pretty clear that today's bad weather was serious (ie - windows shaking along the exterior of a high rise) within minutes we all moved to the inside of the building...and moments later we all walked down to the basement garage levels. Then calmly, we went back upstairs after the all clear. I didn't hear anyone freak out...although I'm sure all of us were a tad nervous. And the icing on the cake...no damage downtown. Other areas, I'm not so sure about...but the point is that it doesn't take long to get severe weather common sense living in this area. And there's no reason to worry or freak out.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:02 PM

597 posts, read 2,104,869 times
We did the same in La Vergne. All of us in the building walked calmly downstairs or into the central hallways, many smartphones kept the news front and center and my only regret was not bringing a sandwich.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:07 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,829,274 times
^Good for y'all, we were busy practicing what not to do during severe weather here at my office!

Every single last one of us with our nose plastered to the glass going, "wow, do you see that"!

My neighbor across the street called me & said that my house is okay But unfortunately a tree fell on their house & knocked the awning off of their front porch & punched a hole in the roof

I hope everyone else around here is alright & didn't have any damage.

Courtney

Old 04-04-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngleDave View Post
We did the same in La Vergne. All of us in the building walked calmly downstairs or into the central hallways, many smartphones kept the news front and center and my only regret was not bringing a sandwich.
Thanks to Sprint, I might as well had a telegraph machine. One of these days I'll switch. Glad it all went well though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
^Good for y'all, we were busy practicing what not to do during severe weather here at my office!

Every single last one of us with our nose plastered to the glass going, "wow, do you see that"!

My neighbor across the street called me & said that my house is okay But unfortunately a tree fell on their house & knocked the awning off of their front porch & punched a hole in the roof

I hope everyone else around here is alright & didn't have any damage.

Courtney
Wow...I was just in East Nashville around 1 at Far East Nashville (Tiger Shrimp mmm). Looks like I got back on the other side of the river just in time.

I've heard that Gallatin got hit pretty hard.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Wow...I was just in East Nashville around 1 at Far East Nashville (Tiger Shrimp mmm). Looks like I got back on the other side of the river just in time.
Mmm, Far East My neighbor called me at 2:45 to let me know it had just happened. My heart absolutely stopped when I saw their name pop up on my cell phone because I knew something had to be wrong. I'm glad that a downed tree is all that it was & that no one was injured. They were home when it happened so I'm sure it gave them a good scare.

Courtney

Old 04-05-2011, 07:56 AM

I saw a few trees on the news around Eastland. One toppled onto a home.

Hendersonville got hit pretty hard, actually. We were lucky at my house, but I saw lots of trees down and heard through the grapevine that 2 homes were struck by lightning and damaged by fire as a result. Although I never heard a news report confirming that.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:49 AM

^DC, this is across the street from me, about a half mile from Far East where you were for lunch

You can see the hole punched in their tin roof.

Here you can see the NES wires entangled in the large limbs.

The house directly next door to me also had a tree land on their house

I was so blessed, the petunias I planted this weekend didn't even blow away! That's weird how it's the luck of the draw sometimes.

Courtney

Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 AM

597 posts, read 2,104,869 times
Wow, Courtney, sure glad this didn't hit you and you're ok. I hardly had any twigs down in my part of Inglewood. I hate this kind of stuff. It's just frightening.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:56 AM

So thankful you didn't have any damage either, Dave

Courtney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville