Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,276 times

Advertisements

I just opened my WHUD bill and I will have to say that I felt like I should have been holding my hands in the air because I feel like I'm being robbed every time I receive my bill. Anyone who says that WHUD water rates are average apparently is not a customer of theirs. My water bill this month was over $100 and I had one two months ago for $176. All I hear is "check for a leak" but the only leak that I have is in my wallet. I have a family of four and we do not use water for anything other than the normal stuff (no pool and no lawn watering). I think they are just ripping people off because they can. I have heard others in the Hendersonville area that have the same issues. I would like to see all of Hendersonville taken over by the Hendersonville Utility District. I've never understood why I'm not on it anyway. I never hear anyone from Nashville talk about water bills this high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
You found a thread that is four years old.

But now that you're here, did you happen to see this in the Tennessean today?

Self-regulated utility districts draw ire over lack of accountability | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

The White House utility is a BIG district. They serve a lot of areas.

Have you asked them how they calculate your usage? Your bill sounds like my bill here in Brentwood (consistently around $100), and I have three kids and run the clothes washer ALL the time. Plus showers, dishwasher etc.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 AM

3 posts, read 2,205 times
I,ve read all the posted replies we use abouy 6000 gal a month thats not watering the lawns or doing anything in excess this water district is pure hiway robbery at its best I don,t know how they get away with charging the rates they do. My bill for the above amount in california would be 30.00 dollars here it was 127.00 because they have no one to oversee what they do and when we water the lawns we have paid as high as 700.00. They need a puplic utilities commissiom that oversees and bregulates all puplic utillities.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:12 PM

Default 1pm

we've lived here for 11 years we have whitehouse water the highest water bills we have ever had sewer rates that are rediculas and make no sense. its supposed to average but nothing makes sense i think I'm going to request a audit, a water bill shouldn't be higher than gas and electricity.we lived in california where water is a lot less than here and theres 10 times the people but they have a board that regulates it fairly.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:34 PM

73 posts, read 233,862 times
Wow! I posted this almost 10 years ago. Here is an update. Over the 7 years that we lived in Hendersonville and had White House Utility District, our bill was consistently around $200-500 for a family of 4. I called them a couple of times over the years because one month it was close to $600 and we never received any closure on what was causing the high bills. I swear they just made it up every month. Even when we were gone a couple weeks out of the month it still was high. We moved to Brentwood 3 years ago and our bill is about $100 a month. Filled an in ground pool and watered the yard for under $300 last year! Life is good saving $300 to $400 a month and I still look back and think what a rip off WHUD was!

Old 11-03-2017, 03:11 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
I cannot imagine what would cause such a high bill. Certainly not my experience.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:46 AM

we actually have a gallatin address but live in hendersonville wish i had gallatin water thud is a rip off all the years we lived elsewhere i never had a water co say you must have a leak but here its normal and the leaks have been from the line i think their responsible for i audited one of my bills here recently and it was nine dollars to much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville