Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 07:07 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,195,685 times

Advertisements

Niosh1. The Nashville area is very large and I don't really know what is your "cup of tea" so to speak.

Personally, I love the Hillsboro Village/West End areas because of their proximity to Vanderbilt Univ. and the "energy". Also, I think Green Hills is great.
However, there are so so many other places to live depending upon you and what you seek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 08:13 PM

3 posts, read 5,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niosh1 View Post
I am planning on moving to the nashville area this spring. Can someone tell me what are the safest areas around nashville or where not to move to so I can pursue finding an apartment. ty(niosh1@aol.com.
Donelson is extremely safe. Summit Hospital, the Hermitage Police Precinct, and the Donelson Fire Station are all in the area. No major crimes of note in a long time. I guess the same applies to the Hermitage area. Lots of older people live here. They don't commit many crimes.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,399 times
Hi, My name is Virginia and I'm looking to live in a country type area of Nashville or the outskirts of Nashville. My job will be in Nashville, so i will to commute to and fro. Any suggestions?

Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
What is your definition of "country type"? What is your budget to rent or buy and how long of a commute can you tolerate? Will you be working in the heart of downtown?????

Old 04-15-2013, 05:44 PM

10 posts, read 14,565 times
If you're looking for something close to the airport area, you can't go wrong with Donelson/Hermitage (this is the airport area). I've seen a few posts in this thread recommending Bellevue, Hendersonville, Franklin, etc, but I don't think these are 20 minute commutes to the airport, especially in rush hour. Mount Juliet is another good option (10-15 minute drive to the airport in regular traffic, 15-20 minute drive in normal rush hour) and has lots of great new shopping and restaurants. Antioch is also really close, but I think the comments about this area in the previous posts are fairly accurate unfortunately.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:25 AM

362 posts, read 645,435 times
OMG, there are so many areas to consider it's mind boggling.

Coming down in a week to view properties in Hendersonville and Murfreesboro.

Maybe I should have my broker show me some other areas.

Can you all give me advice.

I want a friendly, family oriented neighborhood. My parents will also be relocating to same area within 6 months behind us.

Real estate broker said I should also look in Mount Juliet. I really don't know anything about any of these areas besides what I have been reading in the forums

price range 300,000-$450,000 (don't really want snobby, get enough of that here where I live)
want inground pool
4+ bedrooms
2+ baths
no more than .75 acre
family neighborhood.
I have 19 and 22 year old boys (schools aren't an issue for me)
want close to shopping
pet friendly community

don't really care too much about traffic. I live in a heavy traffic area so use to that plus I live behind a mall. Horrible November to mid January.

Thank you in advance

Old 09-08-2013, 09:30 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times
Mi Shots,

The original post is 7 years old and was mainly focused on NASHVILLE neighborhoods. You might get more response if you repost and put Hendersonville and Murfreesboro in the title of the post.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn06 View Post
The Mt. Juliet area is a really nice area and is growing extremely fast and it is fairly close to the airport area but I 40 is usually clogged with traffic in the mornings because of the freeway construction. You might want to look into Antioch if you want affordable home prices. Symrna is also nice but the commute to the airport area might take a little more than 20 mins. But my best guess for you is Mt. Juliet or Hermitage - both nice, fast growing areas, alot of shopping areas, good schools, and nice home communities. Good Luck and welcome to Nashville!
you should have moved here last year! wahhh..there is like no inventory and the sellers have the buyers by the (sic) ghouliones! look for deals otherwise you may be very sorry 5 years from now..this is a major bubble going on right now the worst of which is in mt juliet which is getting a major pump from every real estate agent with a pulse. they jumped on the mt juliet rah rah team big time..schools and providence doncha know..so little inventory driving prices on resales to new build numbers- most over a 100 a sq ft..there are deals out there so give yourself a big enough window to get one. good luck..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville