Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2007, 03:49 PM

5 posts, read 20,278 times

Advertisements

We are considering relocating to the Nashville area. My husband may take a job in White House. From what I have read on this forum the "better" areas are South of Nashville (Franklin, Brentwood, etc). Are there any nice areas closer to White House? Price isn't too much of an issue as we would be coming from a very expensive part of the country (N. Va), and everything in the Nashville area seems low cost to us. We would be more concerned about crime, good schools, nice neighborhoods etc.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 04:04 PM

13,336 posts, read 39,695,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Gator View Post
We are considering relocating to the Nashville area. My husband may take a job in White House. From what I have read on this forum the "better" areas are South of Nashville (Franklin, Brentwood, etc). Are there any nice areas closer to White House? Price isn't too much of an issue as we would be coming from a very expensive part of the country (N. Va), and everything in the Nashville area seems low cost to us. We would be more concerned about crime, good schools, nice neighborhoods etc.

Thanks.
If your husband is going to be working in White House (which, if I read my maps correctly, is way north of the city) then you definitely do NOT want to live in Williamson County. Your poor husband would have a solid hour of commute each way to and from work.

The northern suburbs are nice. Gallatin and Hendersonville (especially Hendersonville) are popular suburbs. Hendersonville is right on a big lake but is also convenient to Nashville and White House. The schools in Sumner County are good. If you want a more laid-back community, Gallatin is also a good choice.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:50 PM

56 posts, read 232,270 times
Also check out Springfield. It has some very nice housing and is very close to whitehouse. Springfield offers a smaller town but with the bigger city amenities I would definately look into it.

If you have any questions about Springfield just shoot me a PM.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:17 PM

225 posts, read 1,140,639 times
Quote:

Thanks.
The closest thing to Franklin/Brentwood north of town which is close to White House would be Hendersonville. I lived there years ago and still go there often. It is very nice and there is substantial growth in the area. Lots of beautiful subdivisions...especially if you are coming from an expensive part of the country. You will have a large selection of higher-end homes here. The Long Hollow Pike area is really beautiful and there are a lot of new developments in this area as well. This would also be very close commute to White House and you could take the back roads instead of high traffic roads. A little farther would be Gallatin which also has some very nice areas. Feel free to email me if you need any specific info on relocating to Middle TN.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:50 PM

8 posts, read 53,736 times
Great schools!!

Old 02-27-2007, 02:52 PM

8 posts, read 53,736 times
Springfield has a very bad school system. Unless you can afford to send your children to private school I would not suggest it. However, it is within 30 minutes or so of Rivergate where the mall and stuff is located.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:33 AM

630 posts, read 2,424,269 times
Default White House area

White House is a nice area.
It's split between two counties, Sumner and Robertson.
White House doesn't really have a downtown area, but, Springfield does.

Springfield is a nice town with just about everything you would need.
Springfield is on the Robertson county side.
They have a good hospital, stores, and other amenities.

Sumner has good schools, Robertson also has good schools, but, they don't have the resources that Sumner has. If you are Sports minded, and play Softball, both Springfield and White House offer Adult Softball.

White House has an area called the Greenway, where you can walk or ride a bike. Their Sports complex has a variety of activities for children as well as, adults.

Springfield also has a Greenway area, along with the Center, where they have Basketball Courts, Classes, an exercise track, exercise equipment, and a sauna/steam room. The Legacy is a very nice golf course if you like golf.

Portland, is also near White House. It's in Sumner County.
They don't really have a downtown area either.
Good housing prices in all three areas.

For info about....

Springfield
http://www.springfield-tn.org/ and here..
http://www.springfieldtennchamber.org/

White House
http://www.cityofwhitehouse.com/
http://www.whitehousetn.com/

Portland
http://www.portlandtn.com/

also,
You can contact their Chambers of Commerce for area information,
either by calling or emailing.

Quote:

Thanks.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:22 PM

56 posts, read 232,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdrex View Post
Springfield has a very bad school system. Unless you can afford to send your children to private school I would not suggest it. However, it is within 30 minutes or so of Rivergate where the mall and stuff is located.
Already have made my comment on this my kid and alot of my family attend robertson county schools. There is nothing wrong with the robertson county schools. As said cant go by test scores because they are misleading. With the influx of hispanic population it has left a language barrier but you can bet when the language barrier is decreased the test scores will go back up.

Please name the schools that you think are no good? SMS is fine. SHS is about to get a big renovation and is a nice school. And they are in the process of bringing in a campus that will offer both 2 and 4 year degrees so what is wrong with it here?

Old 03-22-2007, 02:33 PM

334 posts, read 1,277,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj37172 View Post
Already have made my comment on this my kid and alot of my family attend robertson county schools. There is nothing wrong with the robertson county schools. As said cant go by test scores because they are misleading. With the influx of hispanic population it has left a language barrier but you can bet when the language barrier is decreased the test scores will go back up.

Please name the schools that you think are no good? SMS is fine. SHS is about to get a big renovation and is a nice school. And they are in the process of bringing in a campus that will offer both 2 and 4 year degrees so what is wrong with it here?
You can also consider the Ridgetop, and Greenbrier areas of Robertson County. Ridgetop has an elementary school (Watauga) that feeds into Greenbrier Middle and then Greenbrier High. Greenbrier also has it's own elementary school. Ridgetop is closer into Nashville, and within a 10 mile drive to White House. You will get alot more house for your money in Ridgetop or Greenbrier, however you get a smaller town with a high school population of under 1000 kids. Ridgetop/Greenbrier are about 7-10 miles closer to the populated areas known as the "Rivergate" area which has a mall and all types of restaurants, stores, entertainment, etc that you can need.

There is nothing wrong with Hendersonville, Gallatin, Springfield, Greenbrier or White House. It all depends on the size town you are looking for, or the ammenites. I think all of the mentioned places have family-oriented communities, but ALL of Tennessee has a fascination with youth league sports. A good place to get an opinion on schools is "GreatSchools.com".
And I agree with the previous Springfield post, my kids are educated in Robertson County and got full rides to college so evidently there is something worthwhile in the education here.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 AM

5 posts, read 10,855 times
I agree with those who suggested Hendersonville. We are school teachers in the metro Nashville area. We have lived in Hendersonville for years but wanted to buy a newer home. We like living in northern Nashville and explored all areas. We still like Hendersonville best. Great schools, parks, shopping, activities, low crime. If you are open to a subdivision I recommend Creekside. It is new and still somewhat undiscovered...prices are not too inflated. Creekside is going up right off the bypass. All brick homes. Good builder. We have lived on the peninsula in Hendersonville and timed the comute for my husband. 2 minute difference to Nashville since Creekside is close to 31. The people are very friendly and it is zoned to Stationcamp schools which is where we wanted to send our children. We walked the neighborhood and people had few complaints about their houses but lots of positive comments about the area. I found available homes in Creekside at movoto.com by moving the Hendersonville map to where Long Hollow Pike crosses Upper Stationcamp Road. Flaxton, Patmore and Harmony are all names of lanes you might search in the development. It looks as if it is out in nowhere but it really isn't!!

Last edited by Lesterw; 02-17-2011 at 09:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville